Pediatric Pulmonology Opportunity in Chattanooga, TN for Academic Children's Hospital
The Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga and the Children's Hospital at Erlanger are seeking a third Pediatric Pulmonologist to join our well-established group practice. Children's Hospital at Erlanger is a 122 bed full-service pediatric healthcare facility for children, and their families, and is part of the Erlanger Health System, a non-profit, academic teaching center affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine.
Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine is a key component of Children's Hospital at Erlanger, providing multidisciplinary consultation, diagnostic and management services for a wide array of pulmonary conditions. While our practice utilizes the latest technologies and cutting-edge pulmonary treatments, our central focus is always patient-centered care – listening with compassion and providing compassionate care as a team. The division provides both inpatient and outpatient services, and offers complete pulmonary function testing and flexible bronchoscopy assessments. Inpatient care is consultative only in nature currently with hospitalist caring for the patients as the primary attending. Notable disease-specific programs include a comprehensive asthma program, BPD / Synagis clinic, a multidisciplinary aerodigestive team, an accredited cystic fibrosis center affiliated with LeBonheur Children's Hospital and a tracheostomy and home ventilator program.
Education, Training, & Experience
- MD or DO degree
- Board Certified/ Board Eligible in Pediatric Pulmonology
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Tennessee
- Ideal candidates will have an interest in teaching residents
Pediatric Pulmonology Program Overview
- Well-established hospital employed pediatric pulmonology group
- One main office with one satellite clinic
- Call rotation 1:3 weeks
- Answering service staffed by nurses covering clinic call after hours
- Consult service only on inpatient setting (hospitalists as primary attending)
- EPIC EMR with Dragon medical dictation
- Research Opportunities Available