Geriatric/Senior Adult Psychiatrist - Inpatient - Excellent Compensation - Casper, WY
Full-Time Inpatient Geriatric Psychiatrist or General Psychiatrist - Casper, WY
We are seeking a full-time, Adult/Geriatric Psychiatrist to join our team at Wyoming Behavioral Institute. The ideal candidate will be board certified Geriatric Psychiatrist or General Psychiatry (with experience & comfortable working with older adult populations).
Wyoming Behavioral Institute is a 146-bed acute care psychiatric hospital in Casper, Wyoming, specializing in the treatment of children, adolescents and adults. Dedicated to excellence as a specialized mental health provider and resource center in Wyoming, we continue to develop and expand to meet the needs of our patients, their families, and the community.
Wyoming Behavioral Institute's specialized care for older adults offers psychiatric treatment to patients in the late-adult life stage experiencing an acute psychiatric disorder. Multi-disciplinary treatment teams include psychiatrists, therapists and nurses. Treatment includes evaluation, differentiation between delirium, dementia, mental health and medication management needs, recreational and skill development groups, individual counseling and discharge planning.
- Provide care to geriatric patients in a mix of inpatient & outpatient capacities;
- Perform initial patient psychiatric evaluations and admissions procedures;
- Perform medication management consultations and evaluations;
- Assist in community outreach efforts;
- Provide consultations at area acute/med-surg hospitals, assisted living homes, and otherwise as needed;
- 15 total patient encounters per day (3-5 admissions per day)
- Psychiatric evaluations only - H&P's handled by medical providers; and
- Minimal call/weekend rotations;
Benefits Package Includes:
- Medical, Dental, vision
- 401k w/ company match
- CME allowance
- Paid-time off
- Stock purchase plan
- Sign-on Bonus
- Student loan assistance
Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or certifications).
- MD/DO degree from an accredited program required
- Board certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry required
- Licensed to practice in the State of WY or the ability to obtain an WY medical license
- Meets all credentialing criteria required by participating physicians
Feel free to reach out to me for additional details or to discuss further!
Daniel A. Wilson
UHS of Delaware, Inc./Wyoming Behavioral Institute