Emergency Medicine Physician - Knox City, TX
- Level IV - Trauma Center
- 14 Hospital Beds; 3 ER Beds
- Coverage: As Needed
- Staff Physicians: 2FP
- Requires: ACLS, ATLS, PALS
- Patient Volume: ER 120 a month; Clinic 5 a day
- Clinic Hours: Mon-Fri 8a-5p; Sat 9a-12noon – Across street from Hospital
- Free standing clinic- scheduled patients, but walk-ins not turned away
- Referral centers: Hendrick Medical Center, Abilene Regional, United Health Care System, Kell West-Wichita Falls
- SWM Doctor responsible for Admits, Transfers, In-house and Rounds
- No Back-up
- Admit/Transfer Protocol
- Lab & X-Ray available 24/7
- OB's are transferred out
Knox County Hospital District is a 14-bed, non-profit, acute care facility serving Knox County and the surrounding areas.
Founded in 1980, Southwest Medical Associates is an established emergency department management group providing services to healthcare facilities throughout Texas. We are known in the industry for specializing in physician staffing for rural hospitals from low to high patient volume.
At Southwest Medical, no emergency department task is too large or too small. We customize the coverage of our clients based on their individual needs. This ranges from part-time “as needed” coverage to last-minute emergencies, flexible coverage supplementing staff physician schedules to full-time staffing.
The needs of rural hospitals and healthcare facilities are unique, and Southwest Medicalunderstands this. That is why we have been a resource for rural healthcare for more than 30 years.
Why Southwest Medical?
- Quality ED staffing since 1980
- Custom need-based coverage
- Specialty-based physician recruitment
- 24-hour regional schedulers
- JCAHO-level credentialing
- TORCH corporate member
Our Mission: To be the best resource available for quality emergency department and clinic physician staffing at competitive rates; to promote customer service ensuring long term client retention; and creating jobs for dedicated and talented physicians.
Knox City is a very nice Texas Panhandle town. The downtown, welcome signs and displays around town make you feel right at home.