HCA Midwest Health in Kansas City is seeking a full time BE/BC Hematologist-Oncologist who is fellowship trained in blood and marrow transplantation (BMT) to join Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years of experience in autologous and allogeneic transplantation, as well as cellular therapy. Our program features a multidisciplinary cancer program that is anchored by four accredited hospitals and complemented by numerous cancer care outreach sites located in communities throughout Kansas City.
The Blood Cancer Center of Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, located at Research Medical Center, provides comprehensive outpatient services and a dedicated inpatient oncology unit supported by a multidisciplinary team of specialists and staffed by oncology-certified nurses.
Formed more than 20 years ago, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute offers integrated cancer treatments with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for those facing cancer in communities across the United States and United Kingdom. We integrate cancer diagnosis and treatment services - Medical Oncology, Hematology, Chemotherapy, Gynecologic Oncology and Radiation Oncology in a single, unique, outpatient facility. In partnering with leading pharmaceutical/biotech companies and investigators, Sarah Cannon treats approximately 2,500 patients each year on clinical trials across the U.S. & UK. Our centers feature the most advanced technologies, offering services such as but not limited to:
* Access to radiation therapy and high dose radiation therapy services;
* Advanced and comprehensive treatment and management of oncology diseases
* Breast center
* Chemotherapy treatments
* Clinical trials and research
* Patient experience services and amenities including: financial counseling, social service counseling, cooling cap services, nutritional counseling, and genetic risk evaluation
* Pain management treatment
* Pastoral care
* PET/CT and CT Scanning
* Specialty specific patient navigation services
* Treatment and management of benign and malignant hematological disorders
Competitive compensation available with full, comprehensive benefits included. The incoming Hematologist-Oncologist will be afforded a base guarantee with a production-based incentive plan, along with a variety of other benefits including but not limited to employee stock purchase, 401K, health, dental, vision, among many others!
About HCA Midwest Health
HCA Midwest Health is the Kansas City area's leading healthcare provider consisting of seven hospitals, outpatient centers, clinics, physician practices, surgery centers and an array of other services to meet the healthcare needs of the greater Kansas City area. HCA Midwest Health is also one of the area's largest private sector employers with more than 9,000 employees, the largest provider of charity and uncompensated care, and annually donates more than $1.2 million to local charities. Since April 2003, HCA Midwest Health has invested more than $845 million to enhance and expand patient services and has paid more than $216 million in taxes to local communities. HCA Midwest Health facilities serving the Kansas City area include Belton Regional Medical Center, Centerpoint Medical Center, Lafayette Regional Health Center, Lee's Summit Medical Center, Menorah Medical Center, Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Research Medical Center and Research Psychiatric Center. Midwest Physicians, which is part of HCA Midwest Health System, is a network of experienced, multi-specialty physicians located throughout the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. Midwest Physicians currently represents 344 physicians, including 142 primary care providers and 197 specialists with 80 physician practices providing care in 146 locations to serve the community. The physicians, licensed professionals and support staff who comprise the HCA Midwest Health team are dedicated to improving healthcare in the Greater Kansas City and outlying areas. For more information, visit hcamidwest.com.
About Kansas City
Kansas City is a community that feeds your passion-regardless of your interests outside of the workplace. For the sports enthusiast-check out the KC Chiefs, Sporting KC and KC Royals. For the food enthusiast-KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. For the creative and cultural aficionado-- internationally known museums, dynamic gallery districts and outstanding performances create a colorful palette for locals to enjoy.
Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. AA/EOE. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship. Interested in learning more? Contact Allegra Lowell, Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded more than 120 years ago by German physicians, Research Medical Center has become one of the crown jewels in the HCA Midwest Health System. Located in the heart of Kansas City, Research Medical Center is among the only tertiary care centers serving Kansas City proper. Over the past century, this 507-bed institution has built a tradition of serving residents in Kansas City and a 150-mile surrounding region with exceptional patient care and leading technology. Research Medical Center has completed more than $100 million in capital improvements, including new lobby and admitting areas, renovated and expanded Cancer Center and Women's Care Unit, construction of all private patient rooms and doubling the Emergency Department.
Recognizing the need for highly specialized programs to treat the critically ill, Research Medical Center has selected four specific clinical areas and designated them as a "Center of Excellence." These four centers represent a commitment by the Medical Center to provide the very best facilities, the most technologically advanced equipment and some of the top physicians and staff specialists in the region.
About Kansas City:
* Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
* The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
* Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
* KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
* On average, housing in KC is 22 percent less than the U.S. average and the average commute time is 23 minutes or less. The affordability and balance in lifestyle allow you to propel yourself personally faster without compromising your ability to access world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and sporting events!
* Kansas City is a community that feeds your passion-regardless of your interests outside of the workplace. For the sports enthusiast-check out the KC Chiefs, Sporting KC and KC Royals. For the food enthusiast-KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. For the creative and cultural aficionado-- internationally known museums, dynamic gallery districts and outstanding performances create a colorful palette for locals to enjoy.
* Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more. Forbes, The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work.
Come see what we have to offer!