Assistant Professor- Gastroenterology & Hepatology Needed In Louisana!
Ochsner LSU Health Science Center- Shreveport seek applicants for a Gastroenterology position in the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology. MD/DO or foreign equivalent. Must be board certified/ board eligible in Gastroenterology and be eligible for active Louisiana Medical Licensure. The appointment would include a community staffing position along with a team of experienced gastroenterology and hepatology physicians in a supportive, friendly environment.
Clinical duties would require weekly teaching responsibilities in GI outpatient clinics, endoscopic procedures and inpatient consult services. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of gastroenterological diseases, commitment to scholarly activity and clinical care. Currently, the gastroenterology section has 9 fellows and 5 FT faculty members.
Shreveport is an attractive, comfortable, small Southern city with excellent schools, restaurants and multiple cultural opportunities.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Home to the only Level I Trauma center in the surrounding region, and one of only two in the state.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Vacation / Scheduled Time Off
Shreveport is located in the northwest corner of Louisiana, 15 miles from Texas, and 185 miles directly east of Dallas on Interstate 20. Shreveport and its sister city across the Red River (Bossier City) have a population of just over 250,000. City amenities include a full-time symphony orchestra, minor league sports, riverfront aquarium, the American Rose Center, a full calendar of riverfront arts and music festivals, and much more. We enjoy the ambience of a smaller city and the resources of many larger metropolitan areas. Being located in extreme northwestern Louisiana, our climate is closer to that of Atlanta or Birmingham than to that of New Orleans. The low cost of living, pleasant climate, and excellent schools make Shreveport a wonderful place to raise a family.
LSUHSC – Shreveport is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana’s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.