Grand Strand Medical Center is seeking an experienced Medical Oncologist. The position will involve clinical work, and teaching of interns and residents. Qualified candidates must be fellowship trained and BE/BC in Oncology; BC in Internal Medicine is a plus. We are looking for a strong candidate with a strategic focus and passion for building a Medical Oncology Program. Candidate will provide diagnosis and treatment for common hematologic and oncologic problems and be a team player with our Radiation Oncologist.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
* Participate as a key member of the patient care team to formulate treatment plans and monitor patient progress
* All care will be provided initially in an inpatient setting with no outpatient care responsibilities.
* Utilizes and promotes approved standards of care, procedures, methods, techniques, safety precautions and protocols in the application to patients within Hem/Onc Section.
* Attends conferences and committee meetings as assigned by the CMO.
* The ideal candidate will have success and experience collaborating with a multidisciplinary team
* Keeps abreast of the latest trends, skills, procedures, equipment and protocols relevant to the care of patients.
* Collaborate with other medical center health care resources to insure continuity of care
* Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes or workflows.
This practice affords candidate the opportunity to function in a generalist model with the ability of cultivating a niche within your clinical practice based on your practice preferences and clinical interests.
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 369-bed tertiary referral center in Myrtle Beach, SC, and is the largest and most clinically advanced hospital in the area. Grand Strand Medical Center is the only hospital in the region to offer such specialized services as an ACS verified Level I Adult Trauma Center and DHEC approved Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, pediatric intensive care and three emergency departments staffed with residency trained emergency medicine physicians. Grand Strand Medical Center has earned a reputation as the hospital of choice for residents and visitors. With a medical staff of 500+ highly skilled practitioners, Grand Strand Medical Center offers the community a full spectrum of board certified medical specialists and services.
Located in Myrtle Beach, in the heart of the "Grand Strand," the 60-mile stretch of coastline is considered one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the US. The area has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top retirement and tourist destinations (more than 18 million visitors a year) in the country. The community is comprised of a myriad of unique neighborhoods that include easy access to golf, the ocean, shopping and entertainment, national caliber live music venues, a local symphony, nationally recognized Botanical Garden (Brookgreen Gardens), minor league baseball, water parks, outlet shopping, international airport, fishing, boating and 2,500+ restaurants.