Radiation Oncologist in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Radiation Oncologist – Lake Charles, Louisiana
Ochsner St. Patrick in Lake Charles is seeking an experienced full-time Board Certified Radiation Oncologist. The successful candidate must have at least 5 years of experience after residency and an interest in leadership opportunities.
Our Radiation Oncology Department plays a vital role in our comprehensive cancer center, with an emphasis on multidisciplinary care. The department consists of 3 full-time and 1 part-time faculty member and currently treats 950 new cancer patients per year. State-of-the art equipment includes, GE CT scanner, Varian Trilogy Linear Accelerator, with the performance of IMRT/IGRT, and respiratory gating. Varian TrueBeam STx with Novalis BrainLab Robotics, Varian 21EX-S, Nucletron brachytherapy, and Eclipse treatment planning system.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and training
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Loan forgiveness program through federal government
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to 13 Ochsner Health Centers and Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge, a full-service, 85-acre, 150-bed facility. In Baton Rouge alone, more than 1,500 employees serve our patients, including over 160 physicians and mid-level providers. Care Chex®, a division of COMPARION, has named Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge as the #1 hospital in Baton Rouge across 14 different specialties and amongst the top 10% in the nation for medical excellence, including Overall Hospital Care, Overall Medical Care, and Overall Surgical Care.
It is a great time to join the Ochsner community! Ochsner Health System is excited to announce plans to invest more than $100 million to expand its Baton Rouge-area facilities, including building a new medical office building, and a 10-bed micro-hospital and surgical center near the Mall of Louisiana. Ochsner also marked the opening of the Cancer Center, which also includes a hematology/oncology outpatient clinic featuring:
* Both chemotherapy infusion and radiation oncology.
* Eight exam rooms and a radiation vault with a $4 million-plus linear accelerator.
* Access to a clinical cancer research program with a range of clinical studies for all cancer types. The research will include cutting-edge drugs, anti-cancer agents and early-phase clinical trials previously unavailable in Louisiana.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Ochsner Health System is Proud to be an Employer of Choice.
- Voted "Best Place to Work” by CityBusiness Magazine
- Ranked #11 on the 2018 Indeed list of Best Hospitals To Work
- Named to the Becker’s Healthcare 2018 list of “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”
- Recognized by Zippia as one of the “20 Best Companies to Work for in New Orleans, LA”
- Named to the Becker’s Healthcare 2018 list of “100 Great Hospitals in America”
- Named as a 2018 Top Workplace by Times-Picayune
- Ochsner’s CEO Warner Thomas recognized as a 2018 Top CEO on Glassdoor
- Named to the Becker’s Healthcare 2018 list of "52 Great Health Systems to Know"
- Ranked #73 on the Forbes 2018 list of "Best Employers for New Graduates"