Heme/Onc Physician to join established group in new state of the art Cancer Center
Midwest Hematology/Oncology Opportunity - Grand Island, Nebraska
This is an excellent Medical Oncology/Hematology employed opportunity to be part of an established practice known for excellent care, clinical trials and research. We are seeking a well-qualified third oncologist to join our reputable cancer center. We are building a incredible new cancer center building to be completed in late 2019.
- We are the highest quality and most reputable cancer program in the region! We are QOPI-certified through ASCO, COC-accredited with 3 separate Outstanding Achievement Awards for our COC site evaluation, and a Breast Center of Excellence through 3 different accreditations (NAPBC, NQMBC, and ACR).
- You will be joining two established board-certified medical oncologists/hematologists who are both originally from Nebraska and plan to spend the remaining 20+ years of their career in this practice. The practice is supported by three nurse practitioners and one physician assistant.
- Our strong radiation oncology program has an established radiation oncologist and new TrueBeam being installed in late 2019 at our new cancer center.
- Our robust clinic trial program has about 70 active trials open for enrollment. We are member of the CHI Oncology Trials Network (CIRI) as well as the NCORP (with access to Alliance & COG), NRG, ECOG, SWOG, Wake Forest, and University of Nebraska Medical Center clinical trial networks. We received the prestigious 2016 ASCO Clinical Trial Participation Award. We have 6 full-time clinical trial RN's and research associates.
- We are currently building a phenomenal, state-of-the-art, 40,000 sq ft cancer center to be completed in October 2019!
- Academic opportunities are available with our relationships with both the Creighton University Medical Center and the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Our program allows for a unique combination of both an academic and private-practice hybrid model in a community hospital-based employed position with very competitive compensation and unmatched focus on achieving a balanced work-life harmony.
This job is your perfect career opportunity--an elite community practice focused on comprehensive team-based patient care with a robust clinical trial program, a group of providers and staff with an excellent reputation and camaraderie, and a newly-built cancer center equipped with the latest design features and technology to match the caliber of our top program. You will be unable to find a better match anywhere in the Midwest!
- You must demonstrate a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- You must adhere to and exhibit our core values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
Qualified Candidates send CV to:
Cristine Daniel, MBA
CHI Health St. Francis is a level III Trauma Center and is a regional referral center with 159 beds. Good Things Happen Here. In 2008 it opened a $40 million, 9 story patient tower. In 2019 a state-of-the-art 40,000 sq. ft. cancer center. Now, new Surgical Services department. Construction on the 37,500 sq. ft., $32 million dollar addition is scheduled for completion early 2021.
CHI Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.
CHI Health (Nebraska) has implemented a nicotine free work policy and will consider only qualified nicotine free candidates. As of March 1, 2019, cotinine (nicotine) will be added to the list of substances screen for during the post offer, pre-employment testing for all external job candidates offered employment. A positive result for cotinine (nicotine) will eliminate eligibility for employment. consideration.