Academic Radiation Oncology Job in Greenville, NC
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Radiation Oncology at East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine located in Greenville, NC is seeking a BE/BC Radiation Oncologist. The duties and responsibilities of this position will consist of performing and providing clinical care to patients with cancer diseases and other conditions treated with radiotherapy. Candidates with interest in clinical research and trials and scholarly work related to SABR modalities is encouraged. New grads are encouraged to apply.
Job Highlights include:
- Employment by East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine
- Experience and expertise with conventional and state of the art Radiation Oncology techniques, procedures and treatment protocols, to include Intensity-Modulated Radiation Oncology (IMRT); Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT); SBRT, SRS, Brachytherapy, radiopharmaceuticals; Gamma Knife and/or CyberKnife is desired
- Comprehensive cancer center team including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, benign and malignant hematologists, surgical oncologists, gynecology oncologist, neuro oncologist, established hematology oncology fellowship program, and patient navigators
- Premier radiotherapy destination for patients in Eastern NC with both a M6 CyberKnife radiation therapy suite and Gamma Knife Perfexion unit with dedicated MRI on the same health campus
- Additional state-of-the-art radiology equipment includes the Varian Edge radiosurgery suite, HDR Brachytherapy suite and GE CT simulator.
- Established clinical trials program
- System-wide integrate EMR – EPIC
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma, 974 bed center
- Referral network includes 29 county area with a population of 1.4 million people
- Only ACoS accredited Academic Comprehensive Cancer Center (ACAD) in Eastern North Carolina
- Actively involved in multidisciplinary disease teams to provide clinical care, research, and teaching of medical students and fellows
- Department co-sponsors an accredited Medical Physics graduate program and residency with the ECU Department of Physics
- Affiliation with four community practices in North Carolina on an integrated ARIA/Eclipse network, facilitating coordination of care and quality standardization
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Days & Reimbursement
- Malpractice (with tail)
- State Benefits
- Life Insurance
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Vidant Cancer Care is Vidant Health’s system-wide approach to eliminating cancer throughout eastern North Carolina, one patient at a time. Vidant Cancer Care at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower in Greenville, located on the campus of Vidant Medical Center, serves as the hub of Vidant Cancer Care across the system. The 418,000-square-foot facility features 96 inpatient rooms, 60 infusion areas with a view of outdoor healing gardens and 58 different clinics centered on patient care. An image renewal center provides access to wigs, prosthetics, compression sleeves and garments. A resource center offers additional services to patients and families, including psychotherapy, support groups and complementary therapies.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, are interested in learning more about this psychiatry opportunity in Greenville, NC, then contact Ashley Rudolph at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (252) 847-1944.