MD/DO - Emergency Medicine - New London, WI
ThedaCare, a community-owned, non-profit health system, located in Northeastern Wisconsin, seeks a BC/BE Emergency Medicine physician to provide full-time coverage at ThedaCare Medical Center - New London.
- 1.0 FTE
- NO CALL!!
- 12-14, 12-hour shifts per month
- Full-time coverage
- 25 Bed Critical Access Hospital
- Multi-Specialty support (Ortho, Cardiology, Oncology, Urology, Pulmonary, ENT and Ophthalmology)
- Responsible for emergency room cases including trauma, ambulatory care and primary care
- Average patients seen per year- 13,000
- Generous Signing Bonus
- CME: $4,500/year
- Other Benefits:
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Malpractice, Paid Tail Coverage & WI Patient Compensation Fund
- Licensing/Board Fees
- Retirement Plans: 403b with a company match and 457b with a company contribution
- Legal Plan Option
ThedaCare Medical Center-New London is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital, which provides general acute care to New London and nearby rural communities in Outagamie and Waupaca counties.
- Chemotherapy Treatment available in a comfortable setting close to home, which includes fully reclining chairs, spacious public and private treatment areas, and plenty of room for loved ones.
- Transitional Care unit available to meet the needs of patients who no longer require inpatient care, but are not ready to go home.
- Outpatient Surgery, which includes 10 prep and recovery rooms. Many specialists from the Fox Cities travel to New London to provide surgical treatment close to home for patients.
- Outpatient Unit with additional private rooms for patients needing wound care, IV infusion therapy, and blood transfusions
- 24-Hour Emergency Care - Board Certified Emergency Medicine Staff available 24/7, with close connections to ThedaStar in the event of a transfer to a higher level care facility is necessary.
New London, a community of 7,200, is located in Northeastern Wisconsin, a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts and city dwellers alike. The community is located in Waupaca County, which has a population of nearly 52,000. New London is a friendly, caring, and progressive community with tree lined streets, well-kept homes, and thriving businesses. The hospital has been ranked among the top 100 in the nation, and the school system is recognized as one of the finest in Wisconsin.
New London offers so much for outdoor enthusiasts. The community is surrounded by a year-round scenic paradise for boating, canoeing, rafting, tubing, hiking, biking, golfing, fishing, snowmobiling, and hunting. There are two rivers within the city limits, as well as 900 acres of parks, trails and recreational facilities in the city and surrounding areas. Especially popular is the beautiful Wolf River, which offers world-class canoeing, tubing, and whitewater rafting.
New London is a solid community with a rich history and a strong industrial base that has kept median incomes on the rise. The stable government is backed by a skilled staff of professional administrators, who have annually reduced the tax rate and created opportunities for new business and manufacturers. New London offers the best of small town life and the variety of the big cities.
Waupaca County is well known as a great place to vacation during the summer. However, the world has been slow to discover that spending time here during the other three seasons can be just as enjoyable. There are over 200 lakes, 75 rivers and 35 trout streams for the outdoor enthusiast. Other activities include hiking, biking, hunting, golf, specialty shopping, performing arts, and more.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern divided highways systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Appleton: 25 miles
- Distance to Green Bay: 40 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 115 miles
- Distance to Madison: 115 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 200 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 250 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ ,,,,,,primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services. ,,,,,,
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, ,,,,,,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with ,,,,,,about 6,800 employees. ,,,,,,
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. ,,,,,, Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ,,,,,, ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ,,,,,, ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.