Pediatric Endocrinology Opportunity- Great Lakes Bay Region of Michigan
Covenant Medical Group (CMG), the employed physician network of Covenant HealthCare, is seeking a qualified Pediatric Endocrinologist to join our extraordinary pediatric medical group.
Covenant HealthCare is the regions leader in Pediatric care and is home to the only pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) serving Mid-Michigan and the northern lower Michigan Region, a fifty-five bed Level III Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (RNICU) and a level II Pediatric Trauma Center.
Responsibilities include: inpatient consults, management of children with diabetes and a wide variety of endocrine disorders within an outpatient setting.
What We’re Seeking:
- BC/BE in Pediatric Endocrinology
- Patient-focused and willing to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Ability to obtain a medical license to practice in the state of Michigan
- Demonstrated expertise in working with patients who have endocrinology needs
- Previous work experience in caring for children and young adults with disabilities and medical complexity
- Commitment to providing high-quality, compassionate care to patients
Come join our established and dynamic group of pediatric sub-specialties including:
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Intensivists
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Neonatal Intensivists
- Pediatric Dentistry
Here’s what makes our Covenant children’s services Extraordinary:
- Our Center for Autism is an approved Autism Evaluation Center that provides treatment for young children and support for their families
- Our McNally Center for Pediatrics provides quality, compassionate and comprehensive medical care for all illnesses and injuries.
- Our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) has a specifically trained professional staff with the experience and confidence to treat every pediatric medical emergency.
- Our Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has served more than 10,000 ill newborns who require special care after delivery and is devoted to supporting families with compassionate care.
- Our Pediatric Emergency Care Center is open 7 days a week with care provided by our board-certified and/or residency-trained emergency medicine team.
- Our Pediatric Neurology team gives special care to infants and children under the age of 18 with neurological disorders.
- Our Pediatric Rehabilitation program utilizes physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language pathology to treat the wide variety of rehabilitation needs in children.
- Our Pediatric Urologist specialist diagnoses and treats children with urinary and genital problems, such as urinary tract abnormalities, reconstruction and pediatric stone disease.
Covenant Medical Group (CMG), the employed physician network of Covenant HealthCare, is seeking BC/BE physicians to join our extraordinary medical team. CMG is a physician-driven and patient-focused organization built on a commitment to set the standards for excellence in health care delivery, community stewardship and professional fulfillment. Covenant Medical Group is the largest hospital-integrated physician group in the Great Lakes Bay Region and consists of more than 205 physicians with sub-specialties including cardiology, neurology, pediatric surgery, neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, plastic surgery, gastroenterology, pulmonology, and primary care. Due to increasing volumes and need for improved patient access, this position is a high priority for the organization.
Covenant offers extremely competitive base compensation, productivity and incentive bonus, with professional liability coverage.
Full benefits include: life, health, dental, and vision for the physician and family. Covenant Also strives to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for all our providers.
Covenant HealthCare is one of the largest, most comprehensive health care providers north of metro Detroit. Located in the heart of the Great Lakes Bay Region, Covenant is the sixth largest hospital in Michigan with 643-beds and the regions only Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center including air medical transport service. We have more than 20 inpatient and outpatient facilities, including two major acute care medical centers and servicing people from more than 20 counties across central and northeast Michigan. In addition, Covenant also has the only regional neonatal and pediatric intensive care units.
Covenant offers a broad spectrum of programs and services ranging from high-risk obstetrics, neonatal and pediatric intensive care, to acute care including a Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, robotic surgery and many other services. As a non-profit, our extraordinary care goes beyond our outstanding medical services. It’s our compassionate and caring team that makes the difference; their support means you always have someone by your side from diagnosis to recovery. We go above and beyond for our patients every day, and in every way. And that extraordinary commitment extends to the communities we serve. Because by working together for a healthier community, we can build a better tomorrow for generations to come.
As the region's preferred hospital and leader in electronic medical records (utilizing EPIC), we support research, education and technology serving as a major teaching hospital in addition to providing training facilities for Central Michigan Universities brand new medical education program in 2013.
- Forbes ranked Covenant HealthCare as the #1 Best Employer in HealthCare in Michigan two years in a row
- A major teaching hospital to Central Michigan University’s College of Medicine’s seven residency programs and medical students.
- Covenant has set the standard for hospital medicine programs nationwide. We have a 24/7 program that allows family medicine physicians to practice in an outpatient setting.
- Covenant is the largest health care provider in the region and largest health care employer in Saginaw County
- 4,600+ employees, 500+ volunteers and more than 600 physicians on medical staff
- 312,500+ Primary Care and Specialist encounters through Covenant Medical Group
- Utilization Statistics for fiscal year 2018
- 30,662 - Inpatient Discharges
- 93,467 - Emergency Care Center Visits
- 14,275 - Surgeries Performed
- 106,624 - MedExpress Visits
- 2,616 - Babies Born
The economically diverse County of Saginaw is located in the central portion of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula and is part of the Great Lakes Bay Region. Saginaw County, with a population of nearly 200,000 residents, is a hub of research, product development, and manufacturing for the auto, chemical, silicon, advanced materials, and technology industries. The Region is home to chemical and innovation giants such as Dow and Hemlock Semiconductor. Its automotive sector is led by Nexteer Automotive, two General Motors facilities, Means Industries and a number of suppliers.
Midland, Bay City, Saginaw and Mount Pleasant are the heart of the Great Lakes Bay Region. From the bustle of Downtown Saginaw to the quiet agricultural communities of Gratiot County, the Great Lakes Bay Region spans diverse communities throughout the heart of Michigan. Thanks to its blue-collar heritage and convenient access to the rest of the world, businesses of all types are finding that the Great Lakes Bay Region is their perfect home.
With a population of more than 575,000 residents, the Region is a hub of research, product development, and manufacturing for the auto, chemical, silicon and agribusiness industries. Here you will find unique opportunities to partner with some of the world’s experts in Solar, Medical and Advanced Manufacturing research and work side-by-side with well-established and start-up companies on the cutting edge of new technologies.
Saginaw County is the Region’s medical center featuring the new Central Michigan College of Medicine, and is an established service area for professional services, such as accounting and legal specialties. The Great Lakes Bay Region also has a strong position as a retail and tourist destination, which coincides with exceptional quality of life.
The Great Lakes Bay Region is the largest watershed in Michigan, making it a place rich with natural resources. The Saginaw River and eight different rivers intertwine and drain into the Saginaw Bay which is connected to Lake Huron.
A growing economy, outstanding healthcare, low cost of living, award-winning schools, and diverse housing options are all available in Saginaw. Our region has a vibrant, big-city feel with small city expenses and charm!