Rapides Regional Medical Center is seeking a Cardiothoracic Surgeon in Alexandria, LA. Join this thriving private practice today!
* Ideal candidate must be board certified or board eligible and proficient in all CT cases
* Successful practice, serving the region for 22+ years, has a very busy full time Cardiothoracic surgeon, with the other providing first assist in cases and assisting with rounding
* Join two other CVT Surgeons with 1:2 practice call and 1:4 ER call
* Practice located conveniently on hospital campus for ease of patient care
* Offering a negotiable, competitive contract with partnership after period of service
* Program features Heart Center, certified Chest Pain Center, an established TAVR program, robotics available and dedicated Med/Surgical ICU
ABOUT Rapides Regional Medical Center
Rapides Regional Medical Center is a 360+ bed, adult, children's hospital and ER offering advanced medical care in Rapides Parish and the Gulf South. The medical center is an award-winning hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana that offers a wide array of services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care, including a Level II Trauma Center and a Certified Stroke Center. The medical staff includes 250+ physicians in more than 30 medical specialties. Founded in 1903 on the banks of the Red River in Alexandria, Louisiana, Rapides Regional Medical Center represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced technology to date. With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare.
ABOUT Alexandria, LA
* Located in the heart of Louisiana, Alexandria, is an attractive, family-oriented community.
* The area is also referred to as a 'Sportsman's Paradise' with lakes, golf courses, biking trails, hunting, fishing and water sports. This diverse, welcoming community features excellent schools, universities, neighborhoods, museums, cultural events & festivals, among many others.
* For travelers, AEX airport, located in Alexandria, provides the option for international travel through connections in Houston and Dallas in less than an hour. Great infrastructure and interstates allows short drives to other neighboring cities like Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette and Shreveport.
* Enjoy a low cost of living, no long commutes and a welcoming, diverse community, making Alexandria home and the start of your successful, thriving healthcare career.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to: Christa Reynolds at Christa.Reynolds@HCAHealthcare.com. Candidates will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. AA/EOE. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship.
Founded in 1903 at the corner of Second and Lee streets in Alexandria, Louisiana, Rapides Regional Medical Center represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced technology of the day.
With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional Medical Center has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare. Located in downtown Alexandria and easily accessible from Interstate 49, the hospital is licensed for 328-beds and fully accredited by The Joint Commission. The hospital participates in the Medicare, Medicaid and Champus programs as well as a number of commercial insurance and managed care programs.
Rapides Regional Medical Center offers a wide array of services including general medicine, general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, bypass surgery, cardiac rehabilitation, neurology, neurosurgery, intensive care and telemetry, oncology services, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopaedic services, physical therapy, skilled nursing services, respiratory therapy, lithotripsy and various outpatient services. At the beginning of 2012, Rapides Regional Medical Center became the first verified Level II Trauma Center in Louisiana. The medical staff includes physicians in more than 30 medical specialties.
Rapides Regional Medical Center set a shining example by becoming a three-time winner of the Louisiana Quality Award. This award honors businesses and organizations that are leaders in the pursuit of quality and service. Rapides Regional Medical Center was also honored by being named one of the nation's "100 Top Hospitals - Benchmarks for Success." The annual study lists hospitals based on quality, operations and financial management. In addition, we operate the area's first Certified Stroke Center, offering comprehensive stroke care from the minute a patient walks through our door to the time they go home. Plus we are the only accredited, Cycle III Chest Pain Center in Central Louisiana.
In 1993, the operating assets and name of Rapides Regional Medical Center were sold to Central Louisiana Healthcare Systems Partnership. Then, in 1998, the joint venture restructured to a limited liability corporation - Rapides Healthcare System. Today, HCA continues to own a 74% interest and Rapides Foundation owns a 26% interest in the Rapides Healthcare System. The RHS board is represented by an equal third representation of HCA appointees, physicians and Rapides Foundation appointees.
Alexandria is an attractive, family oriented community located in Central Louisiana. In addition to excellent schools, two universities, beautiful neighborhoods, museums, cultural events, festivals and a welcoming diverse community; the area is also referred to as 'Sportsman's Paradise' with lakes, beautiful golf courses, biking trails, hunting, fishing and water sports to enjoy. You will also find easy access to larger cities, such as Houston, Dallas in less than an hour utilizing beautiful AEX airport to connect you to U. S. destinations or international travel. Enjoy a low cost of living, no long commutes and a welcoming community, making this a wonderful place to call home and have a successful career in healthcare.
Rapides Regional Medical Center's website is http://www.rapidesregional.com
The City of Alexandria's website is http://www.cityofalexandriala.com
Our Convention Bureau website is http://theheartoflouisiana.com