Pacific Northwest Gastroenterology Opportunity
We are expanding our team of highly skilled Gastroenterology Providers!
We offer an exciting opportunity for a GI physician to be a part of a therapeutic practice that has no local competition for acute biliary and pancreatic care. The selected candidate will be a part of robust practice and lead the development of a robust GI practice in an area of growth in Sedro-Woolley, Washington.
Why you'll love the practice:
- Five Gastroenterologists; a skilled, GI-trained Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner and a new APC joining soon
- 100% consultative service and share community call with another local practice
- Regional referral center for complicated biliary case from network to critical access hospital
- Be part of a large medical center, benefit from established infrastructure, yet enjoy a great degree of autonomy in how you want to build your position. Greatly influence your own success.
- Become part of our physician-driven GI collaborative to standardize clinical guidelines and practices
This group supports various locations and roles; they support two locations and hospitals. The incoming physician has opportunity to shape their role to a great extent, combining call, clinic, hospitalist, plus locations supported.
- Strong support staff
- Physicians are experienced, collegial and fun, and can offer mentorship to a new Fellowship graduate
- Colorectal and Vascular Surgeons are part of a six-surgeon surgical services team
- Robust primary care team and 24/7 hospitalist service
- Emphasis on excellent medicine with continuity of care from inpatient to outpatient
- EPIC EMR with Provation for endoscopy procedure report.
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is a 253-bed Level II Trauma Center in Bellingham as well as Whatcom County's only hospital. PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC) and PeaceHealth Medical Group (PHMG) in Bellingham provide comprehensive and specialty care to the communities of Northwest Washington. Tertiary referrals come from a one hundred mile radius. Our dedicated physicians and staff have earned recognition as a top-ranking facility for patient quality initiatives in Washington State.
Why you’ll love Northwest Washington:
Bellingham is acclaimed for its small-city flavor, and has all the cultural amenities associated with being home to a major university, boasts pristine lakes, forests, salt water beaches, miles of inner-urban trails, and snow-covered peaks. We're 90 minutes north of Seattle and 20 minutes south of British Columbia, Canada. We are also rated as one of America's most desirable communities by Money, Outside, Kiplinger, Forbes, and National Geographic magazines.
Competitive compensation and robust benefits:
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- CME reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plans
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational loan reimbursement program (up to $50,000 for those who qualify)
- Generous employment bonus
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Kim Dianich.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.