Physician - Psychiatry (Inpatient)
Fairview and HealthEast is seeking a board certified/board eligible Psychiatrist with experience and strong interest in providing inpatient psychiatric care to patients at HealthEast St. Joseph's Hospital in St. Paul, MN. Enjoy practicing in an excellent team environment and receive great ancillary and administrative support.
In this practice, the psychiatrist will have the opportunity to provide specialized medical care to patients in the evaluation and treatment of mental and addictive disorders. Clinical excellence will be ensured by focusing on quality and the patient experience. In addition to focusing on adult psychiatric care and medication management, this role will be with a multidisciplinary team of care givers to provide the best treatment plans and decisions for the patient.
- This is a Full-time, Inpatient opportunity in our 36 bed unit
- Average census is about 12-13 beds
- Call every 4th weekend; Additional call pay provided
- A fully integrated electronic medical record (Epic) is utilized
- Patient encounters average 12-14 patients per day
- J1/H1B VISA Accepted: H1B Yes
- Market competitive compensation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME/AOA Psychiatry residency training program.
- BC/BE with the ABMS
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
The Fairview & HealthEast system is one of the largest providers of behavioral health services in the Upper Midwest. We offer a wide range of adult and child/adolescent services that includes: inpatient, behavioral emergency center, partial hospitalization, outpatient clinics, counseling centers, chemical dependency programs, and day treatment programs. In addition, our psychiatrists and PMHNPs have access to consultation or referral with University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Physicians and Behavioral Healthcare Providers.
This location, St. Joseph’s Hospital, part of Fairview Health Services, was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1853 and holds the distinction of being Minnesota’s first hospital. St. Joseph’s Hospital provides a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, rehabilitative, and diagnostic services in the heart of downtown St. Paul. The hospital has expanded its Mental Health & Addiction Services inpatient unit to help address the growing need for mental health care locally and throughout greater Minnesota.
The Twin Cities area is a vibrant metropolitan area with a population of 3.5 million, home to 20 Fortune 500 companies, strong educational system, major universities, professional sports teams, fine dining and numerous arts and cultural activities.