* 278-bed facility
* Level II Trauma
* 12-hr primary in-house coverage, plus 12-hr secondary
call from home with 30 min response (rarely called in)
* 900 trauma admissions annually
* 1-2 Consults per day
* Emergency general surgery
* 15 shifts per month
* Specialties include Neurosurgery, orthopedics, cardiovascular surgery, urology and gastroenterology.
* Opportunity for an elective general surgery practice if desired
Trauma Surgeon Criteria:
* Board Certified Surgery with Trauma/ Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Required
* ATLS Required
* Permanent positions with equitable scheduling model and unique work/rest model
* Paid Malpractice and no attributed overhead expenses
* Employment model with full benefits; including, health and 401K with employer match
* $5,000 CME Allowance
* Competitive Income Potential
* Comprehensive back-end support services including recruitment, credentialing, renewals, billing, followup clinic support and more
About Terre Haute Regional Hospital:
Terre Haute Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. As the only Joint Commission accredited hospital in the market, Terre Haute Regional Hospital has provided sophisticated care to the Wabash Valley community for over 130 years.
Within the last few years, Terre Haute Regional Hospital completed the final phase of a $40 million new construction and renovation project. The scope of which included the construction of a two-story tower for ER and ICU areas and expansion of the imaging department into a comprehensive Outpatient Services Center.
Quality of Life in Terre Haute:
Terre Haute is located along Interstate 70 in west-central Indiana. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 60,785 and its metropolitan area had a population of 170,943. The city serves as a retail, healthcare and service hub for a seven-county radius including Indiana and Illinois counties with a population of more than 400,000. With numerous higher education institutions located in Terre Haute, the city has embraced its college town persona. Terre Haute was named the 'Community of the Year' in 2010 by the Indiana Chamber.
Besides Terre Haute Regional, major employers include ADVICS, Bemis, Great Dane Trailers, First Financial Bank, Sony DADC, Taghleef Industries, and the United States Federal Correctional Complex.
Terre Haute is served by the Vigo County School Corp which manages 18 elementary schools, 5 middle schools and 3 high schools. The city is also home to Indiana State University, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College and Ivy Tech Community College.
The Terre Haute Parks Department owns over 1,000 acres of dedicated land, including community parks, two golf courses, and the National Road Heritage Trail - a multi-use paved trail extending approximately 6.5 miles through the heart of the city.
Arts & Culture
Terre Haute's downtown is home to several museums including the Swope Art Museum, Clabber Girl Museum and the Terre Haute Children's Museum that opened in 2010. The city is also home to the Community Theatre of Terre Haute, the Terre Haute Symphony Orchestra and Rose-Hulman's Hatfield Hall.