Gastroenterology in Washington's Wine Country
Gastroenterology with ERCP in Washington’s Wine Country
Astria Health, a locally owned, non-profit health system located in Central WA, is looking for an excellent Gastroenterologist for our clinic in Yakima, Washington. Join our team of providers who enjoy, above market compensation, built in referral base, great benefit package, sign on bonus, commencement bonus, relocation allowance, minimal call and a collegial work environment.
Our offices are located next to Astria Regional Medical Center, a 214-bed facility located in Central Washington, providing a full complement of medical services including the valley’s only open-heart surgery, advanced imaging, comprehensive robotics, state-of-the-art neurosurgery, and CARF accredited inpatient rehabilitation ranked in the Top 10 percent of the nation. Staffed by approximately 750 full and part-time employees, the hospital offers a wide array of inpatient and outpatient services. The hospital provides one of only two single stay cardiac units in the State of Washington. Astria Heart Institute is a Level I Cardiac and Level II Stroke center, with a Level III trauma designation, and a commitment to continuous reinvestment in state-of-the-art technology.
Our ideal candidate would be Board Certified/ Eligible in GI, a Washington State License or ability to obtain a Washington License and is able to do ERCP, a desire to split time between procedures and outpatient clinic and some inpatient consultations.
It’s an exciting time to join Astria as we become the area’s premiere provider of health care services with continuous improvement and commitment to our community. Our mission includes;
Access to Care
New Service Lines
Attracting and Retaining engaged professionals who share our vision
The Yakima Valley offers a lifestyle of 300 days of sunshine with four seasons, endless outdoor activities, low cost of living, cultural diversity, great schools, theatre, symphony, surrounded by mountains, orchards, vineyards and rivers. Only 2 hours from Seattle, Yakima is a wonderful place to enjoy your family, and Astria is a great choice for your career.
At Astria Health, we are passionate about our work. Our providers specialize in a variety of fields and are committed to the well-being of their community. Some of our specialists are doing procedures no other hospitals in our area are doing! With 3 local hospitals, 14 primary care & walk-in clinics, 24 specialty clinics, and over 100 employed providers; we are carrying out our vision to build sustainable healthcare organizations that deliver comprehensive quality care to improve health in the communities we serve.
Astria Health, headquartered in the heart of Yakima Valley WA, is the parent non-profit organization of Astria Sunnyside Hospital, Astria Toppenish Hospital, and Astria Regional Medical Center in Yakima.
We are a privately and locally owned health system that brought together 3 local hospitals that have strong connections to our communities. In doing so, we are truly caring out our mission through:
- New or expanded patient care services
- Access to care
- New physician services
- New technologies
- Attracting and retaining engaged professionals who share our vision
What comes to mind when you think of WA? Seattle, Rain, Metropolitan, Cold and Cloudy? Central WA (Yakima Valley) is quite the opposite! Bet you’ll be surprised to find:
- A growing population and thriving economy (Yakima County over 250,000, our catchment area over 300,000)
- Over 300 days of blissful sunshine with 4 distinct mild seasons
- Beautiful region located on the sunny-side of the state great for outdoor concerts, shopping, dining, and of course coffee!
- Every outdoor activity you can think of among some of the most beautiful scenery--rolling hills, vineyards, produce stacked in bins/fruit stands/farmers markets, rivers and lakes, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, hunting, skiing, with spectacular views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier while you drive up the valley!
- Calmer living-balance between life and work
- Growing agricultural center and one of the country's most important agricultural hubs
- World class wineries and microbreweries
- Highly rated private and public schools-some with great sports programs, music programs, and academic excellence-high graduating class/college bound. In recent years, several grads from schools in the Lower Valley of Yakima entered into Medical School!
- Arts/Sports/Entertainment-symphony, Seasons Performance Hall, concerts, ballet, sporting events, museums, Yakima Capital Theatre, local art gallery and much more!
- Low cost of living –some of the most reasonable housing cost in the PNW
- Medical DO school (PNWU)
- Family Medicine Residency program
- Short commute and virtually no traffic!
- We are within a 2 1/2-3 hours’ drive to the big 3--Seattle, Spokane, Portland
- Yakima and Pasco (Tri-Cities) airports