OB/GYN- Expanding University of Maryland Practice
UM Shore Regional Health, a member of University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), is seeking a BE/BC OB/GYN physician to join a rapidly growing practice.
- Hospital employed OB/GYN group currently consisting of 3 MD’s, 3 midwives, 1 gynecologist, and 2 nurse practitioners
- Service is limited to one community hospital (University of Maryland Shore Regional Health at Easton)
- Robust benefits package including malpractice and tail coverage
- Market competitive compensation
- Practice call 6 weekday/1 weekend per month, additional call available per request
- State of the art family birthing center contained within the hospital with readily available pediatrics and anesthesia support
- Collaborative midwife care model strongly supported
- Robust minimally invasive GYN service with availability of laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy, total laparoscopic hysterectomy, or the da Vinci robotic surgical system
- Newly renovated outpatient office close to hospital campus
- Full service office setting with onsite blood draw and ultrasound availability
- Opportunity for administrative positions available
A rural community hospital located within Easton, MD on the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland near the Chesapeake Bay.
Easton was recently named “the 8th Best Small Town in America” and is small town living at its finest. The charming Easton Historic district is abundant with boutiques, dining, and a focus on the arts.
Easton includes quick access to every day shopping and restaurants, and a variety of activities and festivals.
Close access to metropolitan areas like Washington DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore. The beaches of Delaware and Ocean City, MD are just over an hour drive away.
UMMS hospitals and health care facilities are equal opportunity employers and proud of an environment of diversity.
UM Shore Regional Health offers physicians a growing career at a top-notch and comprehensive medical organization including three hospitals, a freestanding Emergency Center and a host of outpatient sites and services throughout the five-county region (Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s and Talbot counties). Equally appealing is the outstanding quality of life afforded by charm and amenities of small-town living on the Chesapeake Bay.
UM Shore Regional Health's three hospitals – UM Shore Medical Centers at Chestertown, Dorchester and Easton -- offer a combined total of 214 licensed beds:
Located in Talbot County, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton is a 132-bed acute care facility that includes the CARF-accredited, 20-bed Requard Center for Acute Rehabilitation; a Primary Stroke Center; a Birthing Center; the UM Center for Diabetes & Endocrinology; and the Breast Center.
UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester is a 49-bed, acute care facility located in Cambridge. Through Shore Behavioral Health Services, the hospital provides comprehensive mental health and substance abuse programs on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Serving primarily Kent and Queen Anne’s counties, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown is a 31-bed acute care facility with a newly renovated state-of-art Emergency Department, surgery services and multi-specialty inpatient and outpatient services.
University of Maryland Medical System(UMMS) and University of Maryland Community Medical Group (UMCMG) provide physicians comprehensive support services that allow you to focus on quality patient care while achieving your professional goals. As a UMCMG physician, you'll have many opportunities to grow, collaborate and be rewarded financially. Having grown to a multihospital system that has genuine impact throughout our State, our twelve hospitals and numerous ambulatory centers offer you a choice of practice locations from urban to suburban and rural. We invite you to explore being part of a team that delivers a special blend of expertise, innovation and caring in each community we serve.
Additional benefits to being part of the UMCMG Family:
- Comprehensive and competitive salary for you and your staff.
- Sign on bonus and relocation reimbursement
- Competitive benefits package including health, dental, retirement plan, malpractice with tail, CME and more.
- One of the largest private, nonprofit health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region
- Focused on High-Value-Healthcare through innovation and discovery
- Sharing of teaching, research and specialty expertise at our academic medical center
Together, we're building an extraordinary model of integrated care delivery. And because of our partnership with the University of Maryland School of Medicine, we are among the leaders in medical discovery and education. For physicians looking to advance their career, there is just no place like it.