Emergency Medicine Physician
We are seeking a Full-Time Physician to work in the Emergency Department at South Bay Hospital located in the SouthShore Community of the Tampa Bay Region. We emphasize quality emergency care, dedicated customer service, professional and personal growth. This is a very stable and well respected EM group and offers the right professional a unique opportunity for diverse practice experience. Candidates should be BP/BC EM (ABEM/AOBEM) or BC FP/IM with ED Experience and hold ACLS and PALS certs.
- Hospital Beds: 138
- ED Volume: 22,000
- ED Beds: 12 + 4 Fast Track Beds
- ED Coverage: 24 hrs. of physician coverage per day; 12 hours of APP coverage per day
- Admission rate 30% (mostly geriatrics)
- Sister Facility to the North - Brandon Regional north takes most transfers Peds Ob-Gyn
- Sister Facility to the South - Blake Hospital takes Trauma both are HCA
- Certified Stroke Center – Primary no intervention
- 24 hour Radiology Reads (on all studies)
South Bay Hospital is a 138-bed, acute care hospital serving Sun City Center, Ruskin, Wimauma, Riverview, Apollo Beach, Gibsonton and the surrounding areas. With 185 physicians and 550 employees, the hospital is located just off of I-75, which provides easy access to Tampa, the airport and a wide range of sporting and cultural events.
The hospital just completed a major expansion which includes a three-story patient tower, beautiful private rooms and state of the art ICUs.
South Bay is an accredited Chest Pain Center, Advanced Primary Stroke Center and certified in Joint Replacement Hip and Total Knee, Heart Failure and Sepsis by The Joint Commission. The hospital offers a wide range of services including general and vascular surgery, urology, cardiology, orthopedic, and spine surgery. South Bay Hospital was the only hospital in Hillsborough County recognized as a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission for 5 consecutive years and Certified in Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission and a Joint Commission Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
Sun City Center is one of Florida’s most affordable active living senior communities. It is a safe place where residents feel secure while enjoying the year-round, outdoor life style that Florida offers. Sun City Center is conveniently located with medical, shopping, education, Veterans support and entertainment resources close at hand.
There are plenty of amusement parks, museums, outdoor activities, and major-league professional sports, including baseball (Devil Rays), football (Buccaneers), and hockey (Lightning). Nearby beaches and especially those to the south near Bradenton are attractions for locals and tourists alike. Transportation and air service are excellent. Beachside areas in Clearwater and St. Petersburg are nearby, with palm-tree lined boulevards and pockets of interesting restaurants and shops.
- Great fishing year round in Tampa Bay and the Gulf
- Golf year round at nearly 100 courses in the Tampa area
- Tampa Bay beaches as close as 15 minutes & Gulf Coast beaches as close as 45 minutes
- Major Sporting Teams and Attractions