Centerpoint Medical Center is assisting with the search for a full time BE/BC Hematology-Oncologist due to growth of our cancer program, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Centerpoint Medical Center. Join our team of 13 Oncologists. Our facility offers comprehensive cancer care services, including a 36-bed medical-oncology unit, an outpatient oncology clinic and a Breast Center. Leadership opportunities exist for qualified applicants.
The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Centerpoint Medical Center integrates cancer diagnosis and treatment services - Medical Oncology, Hematology, Chemotherapy and Radiation Oncology in a single, unique, outpatient facility. Through innovative design and careful attention to details like natural light and interior space, we are able to offer an environment conducive to healing.
The center has the most advanced technologies, offering services such as:
* Access to radiation therapy and high dose radiation therapy services
* Advanced and comprehensive treatment and management of oncology diseases
* Chemotherapy treatments
* Clinical trials and research
* Comprehensive patient and family resources including but not limited to genetic risk evaluation, financial and social service counseling, nutrition counseling, pain management, pastoral care and hospice
* State of the art imaging modalities including PET/CT and CT Scanning
* Treatment and management of hematological disorders
Along with inpatient and outpatient duties, the center has an established outreach program in which all physicians rotate.
About Centerpoint Medical Center
Experience a positive, professional work environment in a top tier facility located in one of the most livable cities in the heart of America. Centerpoint Medical Center, located minutes from Kansas City, is unlike any other hospital in eastern Jackson County. The hospital features the latest healthcare technology and offers innovative programs and services for patients and their families. Centerpoint Medical Center offers high-tech care in a beautiful, comfortable setting designed to exceed the expectations of those we serve. With 270+ private rooms, the hospital features a strong complement of subspecialists and robust inpatient services including trauma, oncology, neurosciences, and many more key services!
About Kansas City
We are located in Kansas City with a community that is consistently listed as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S. due to the affordability of housing, great job market, cultural interests, sports activities and facilities, school systems and geographic location. Kansas City is the perfect balance of nice and hospitable, as well as competitive and passionately driven. From all-star athletes and Pulitzer Prize winners to entrepreneurs and up-and-coming young professionals, KC is full of game-changers. The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work. Kansas City is a two-state region that encompasses 18 counties and is home to more than 2.3 million Kansas Citians.
Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. AA/EOE. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship. Interested in learning more? Contact Allegra Lowell, Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com.
Centerpoint Medical Center is conveniently located at 19600 E. 39th St. (39th and Little Blue Parkway, just off I-70) in Independence, Mo. Our campus includes a recently constructed medical center itself and a medical office building / outpatient services center connected to the hospital (on the west side of the hospital).
Centerpoint features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with the high-tech services we offer, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, etc.
* Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
* An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
* Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
* An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
* Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
* Women's Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
* Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
About Kansas City:
* Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
* The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
* Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
* KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
* On average, housing in KC is 22 percent less than the U.S. average and the average commute time is 23 minutes or less. The affordability and balance in lifestyle allow you to propel yourself personally faster without compromising your ability to access world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and sporting events!
* Kansas City is a community that feeds your passion-regardless of your interests outside of the workplace. For the sports enthusiast-check out the KC Chiefs, Sporting KC and KC Royals. For the food enthusiast-KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. For the creative and cultural aficionado-- internationally known museums, dynamic gallery districts and outstanding performances create a colorful palette for locals to enjoy.
* Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more. Forbes, The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work.
Come see what we have to offer!