Urology California North Coast
Urology Practice in Eureka, CA with Physician-Employed Position
- 3.5 clinic days/week. Average of 12 new consults or 17-23 follow-up & new patient mix per day.
- 1 OR day/week. 8 hour block average case load per day 2-8 cases depending on complexity.
- Average 10 call days/month with 1 weekend in 3.
- Staffing includes dedicated medical assistant; shared LVN, Procedure Scheduler, Referrals Coordinator, 2 Patient Access Reps, Medical Records Specialist, and Office Manager.
- Special equipment available at clinic: flexible and rigid scopes with Medivator reprocessing unit, Laborie GOBY Urodynamics system, Rectal US for diagnostics and TRUS Biopsy, CLIA waiver Lab on site for urine dips, however 24 Hour Urine, Stone Analysis and 4K Score testing all available to be collected on site and sent out. BCG can be reconstituted and instilled on site.
- Special equipment available at hospital: Standard Urology Suite, plus ESWL equipment comes twice a month currently; new unit being purchased in 2019 so that ESWL will be available anytime.
Busy practice with high demand for services.
Good working relationships with UCSF Medical Center and Stanford Hospital and Clinics for referrals for complex cases, both with world class surgeons and world renown care.
Excellent relationship with St. Joseph Hospital Eureka, with practice located across the street.
Office has 3 procedure rooms, 3 exam/consultation rooms, private office space for the physicians and shared works spaces for caregivers.
Physician-employed, competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, sign-on/relocation/loan reimbursement options possible.
Lonely Planet, the largest travel guide book publisher in the world, named our coastal redwood forests as the #1 destination in the US for 2018.
We are minutes from pristine Pacific Ocean beaches and surrounded by ancient redwoods that are the tallest trees in the world. In 2017, Eureka was awarded a California Cultural Site designation for its history and commitment to the arts and local culture. Humboldt has previously been recognized by Outdoor Magazine, National Geographic, Backpacker Magazine, USDA Most Scenic Rural County, and by Men’s Journal (as one of the top seven places to “buy land in paradise”).
Numerous area schools have received state and federal awards, and Humboldt State University—on 144 acres tucked into an old growth redwood grove with views of Humboldt Bay—has nearly 50 undergrad degrees, about a dozen graduate degrees, and one of the most impressive undergrad marine research departments in the country.
We are rural—about five hours drive north of San Francisco—but we have sophisticated cultural and social amenities, a thriving locavore tradition, and our local regional airport has daily direct flights to and from San Francisco and Los Angeles.
St. Joseph Health Medical Group is a foundation model multi-specialty group offering physician employed positions. We have over 100 providers in Humboldt County committed to providing compassionate, quality care for the entire family, through every stage of life.
St. Joseph Hospital Eureka is a 138-bed full-service acute care facility that offers a broad range of services includ-ing cardiac surgery, a Level III Trauma and PCI (Chest Pain) Center, and many more services.
Redwood Memorial Hospital in Fortuna is a 25 bed high functioning critical access hospital with a 24/7 ED, a hos-pitalist program, orthopedic and surgery center, primary care and a growing obstetrical service. The hospital itself is going through a major refurbishment with plans for a new ICU, expansion of the OR, and a brand new Acute Rehabilitation Unit addition slated for 2019.