MD/DO - Hospitalist - Appleton & Neenah, WI
ThedaCare seeks a BE/BC Internal Medicine Hospitalist to join an established program of 18 Physicians and 6 Advanced Practice Clinicians at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton and ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, located in the Fox Valley of Wisconsin.
- 7 on 7 off
- NP/PA support on days
- No procedures required
- Competitive guaranteed salary plus quality bonus incentive and exceptional complete benefit package
- Average patient census: 14 to 18 patients per day
- Solid referral base of 225+ providers
- Diverse patient population that provides a broad spectrum of pathologies
- Closed ICUs with excellent Critical Care support from Pulmonary and Anesthesia
- ThedaCare Stroke, Cardio, Inpatient Rehab, and Inpatient Psych Units available
- Available on-site resources include: Hospice, Palliative Care, Dietary, PT/OT, Psychiatry, and Speech Therapy
- Electronic Medical Record-EPIC network connects our program to ThedaCare Primary Care, as well as independent Physicians
- Involvement in quality and process improvement is encouraged and supported
Primary Care physicians at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton initiated the Hospitalist program in 1998, providing a solid base of support by referring physicians.
Hospitalists play an integral part in quality improvement in an effort to continually improve the quality of care for the community we serve. Our providers are involved in projects and committees across the spectrum of hospital care to influence the care that is delivered. The hospitalist program encourages and supports such involvement.
- Income Details: Guaranteed salary, plus quality bonus incentive
- Generous Sign-On Bonus
- Relocation Package included- up to $10,000
- CME: $4,500/year (pro-rated based on start date)
- Other Benefits:
- Short Term & Long Term Disability,
- Professional Liability Insurance & WI Patient Compensation Fund,
- Licensing/Board Fees,
- 403b and 457b Retirement Plans,
- Legal Plan Option
The Fox Valley of Wisconsin includes Appleton, Neenah, and Menasha, and is comprised of a total of 18 unique communities positioned along the scenic Fox River and Lake Winnebago. This area offers the charm, safety, and convenience of small town life, with the diversity and vitality of a metropolitan area.
The Fox Valley is the proud home of notable school systems, colleges, and is known across Wisconsin as THE place for shopping. Downtown Appleton, the Fox River Mall and many other retail destinations are a draw for shoppers from all over Wisconsin and beyond. In addition, the region features vibrant cultural venues, a year-round calendar of exciting events, one-of-a-kind museums and fantastic outdoor recreation.
The Fox Valley is a community where live music, art, and creativity thrive. There are many events throughout the year to partake in, such as Mile of Music, Octoberfest, night markets, marathons, Art on the Town, summer concerts, outdoor movies, parades, weekly Farmer's Market events, and more.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern, interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 107 miles
- Distance to Madison: 106 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 197 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, 147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.