Multidisciplinary Cancer Center in Fort Wayne, Indiana seeks Palliative Care Physician
Extending beyond system referrals, we anticipate the Parkview Cancer Institute to be a destination site for patients throughout the region seeking a new level of patient experience coupled to stare of the art cancer care. Our new outpatient institute will enhance clinical care by incorporating an interdisciplinary approach to care involving sub-specialized medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical sub-specialties and other specialties.
The physicians are system employed with most specialist employed through a multi-specialty subgroup of Parkview Physicians Group (PPG) Oncology. The palliative care physician, which we refer to as a “palliative oncologist,” would be key members of the multi-specialty team. The physician would participate as a partner with the other specialties in tumor board, tumor site team meetings, and the multi-disciplinary meetings.
This is a rewarding opportunity for a fellowship trained Palliative Care Physician interested in specializing in oncology to join Parkview Health and play an essential role in our vision to be the best Regional Community Cancer Institute in the country.
Our recruited physicians will have the opportunity to work in a new, state of the art cancer institute 200,000 square feet in size. Attached to a 350 bed regional medical center, our new,state-of-the-art facility that opened in June 2018. Parkview Cancer Institute will serve the oncology needs for the health system.
We have a novel clinical model which allows for disease site based management. We combined our specialists into clinics based on diseases and wrapped the treatments in concierge level care with world class supportive services. Palliative oncology plays an integral role in our goal for the best cancer experience for our patients.
Our Palliative Oncologists will help lead a Palliative Care oncology team.
- The physician will have office hours of Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
- The new palliative oncologists will join the existing palliative oncologist and divide up work amongst tumor sites. The team will have the support of Advanced Practice Providers and will be responsible for the outpatient palliative care needs of the oncology patients.
- There will be some continuity with long term established patients as they transition to inpatient setting.
- Providers will be responsible for initial consults, will work with sub-specialized care teams to support patients and their families, and will partner closely with our navigation team as the patients move seamlessly through their cancer care journey.
- The palliative oncologist will also direct a team of counselors, Chaplins, social workers, acupuncture, massage therapy and be complimented by financial and transport coordinators to support the holistic care of our patients.
- Home call is shared with the general palliative care group which covers other aspects of palliative care and inpatient palliative work for the system to make home call infrequent and improve life style.
Excellent benefit package including highly competitive salaries plus annual incentive compensation opportunity, commencement bonus, paid relocation, student loan assistance, annual CME allowance, retirement contribution plan with match, flexible spending accounts, health insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability as well as many other non-traditional benefits
For additional information or to submit your CV, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northeast Indiana is in the middle of it all, located just three hours or less by car from Midwest cities including Chicago, Cincinnati and Indianapolis – but with its own unique vibe and easygoing lifestyle.
Here, we offer the opportunity to create your version of the American dream, whether you’re looking to grow your career, family or home.
Fort Wayne, the region’s hub and Indiana’s second largest city, consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the U.S. and boasts some of the nation’s lowest cost of living.
Putting the Life in Your Work-Life Balance
Northeast Indiana has the charm of small-town life, but with big-city amenities, like vibrant downtown Fort Wayne. It has dining and night life that rival the most eclectic places across the nation. We are big on outdoor adventures, and we love to explore. If you’re a fan of professional sports, you won’t be bored. If you like fairs, festivals and happenings, you’ll have every weekend covered. There are so many events to keep you busy every day of the week!
We encourage you to come visit our growing health system and vibrant community and we will commit to welcoming you with our big-hearted hospitality.