Vascular Neurohospitalist and Outpatient Neurologist
Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center is seeking two dynamic BE/BC Neurologists to join our active team. One to serve as an outpatient Neurologist and one as a Neurohospitalist.
As the leading provider of neuromedical services in the region, a Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center and the creator of the Louisiana Stroke Network we have some remarkable accomplishments:
- AHA/ASA Gold Plus, Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Stroke Center, the only one in the region.
- 24/7 neuro endovascular capable and neurology/neurosurgery coverage. We do not divert stroke patients.
- Current average tPA door to needle time is 36 minutes.
Outpatient Neurology Opportunity
- Clinic practice setup as well as operational and financial support, practice development, up-to-date compliance and coding modifications, training, human resources assistance and marketing and business development
- Schedule flexibility
- Latest technology in clinic: Carotid, Arterial, and Venous Ultrasound, EEG and 24 hour EEG, TCD-Transcranial Doppler, NCS/EMG nerve conduction and more
Vascular Neurohospitalist Opportunity
- 7 on/ 7 off block schedule
- 1:5 call
- 192 bed, full service facility featuring a 24 bed closed ICU
- No ICU coverage or procedures
- 18 bed ED with Board Certified trained Emergency Physicians
- Nationally recognized Stroke Program, and a robust STEMI Program
Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center employs more than 2,200 people and offers a physician staff of over 500 doctors in a variety of medical and surgical specialties. Lourdes’ services include Centers of Excellence in the areas of Orthopedics, Stroke and a Robotics Surgery Program. The hospital is home to the only burn unit in Southwest Louisiana and a Commission on Cancer accredited oncology program. Our Lady of Lourdes Heart Hospital, a premier 32-bed cardiac facility and recently acquired Women’s & Children’s Hospital offering the area’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Level 3 Surgical Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. With additional services including multiple clinics, four imaging locations and a primary care physician network, Lourdes provides easy access to comprehensive care throughout the community.
The Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System is a leading health care innovator in Louisiana and Mississippi. We bring together outstanding clinicians, the most advanced technology and leading research to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality and safest care possible.
This commitment is grounded in a history that is more than 100 years old, but reflected today by our strategic vision of transforming healthcare through superior performance and excellent patient care.
As a nonprofit, mission-focused Catholic healthcare ministry, we give special attention to our citizens who are most in need. During the most recent fiscal year, we provided more than $39 million in unreimbursed care and community support to the underprivileged.
Our health system is one of the largest in Louisiana, with hospitals, clinics and physicians located throughout Louisiana and in Mississippi. In fact, we provide care to almost half of Louisiana’s citizens, and serve in Mississippi's largest metropolitan area. Because of our size and the partnerships we have with other local organizations, we are able to pool our resources and share cost and service efficiencies and learn from each other, thereby accelerating our ability to improve care and solve challenges.
Since our founding in Monroe, Louisiana in 1911, we have been blessed by the guidance of the Franciscan Sisters. Through their guidance and steadfast example, we have committed to assure that we perpetuate their healing ministry for another hundred years. It is a noble purpose we strive to fulfill every day.
Our ten hospitals include:
- Our Lady of the Angels in Bogalusa
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge
- Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital in Baton Rouge
- Our Lady of the Lake Ascension in Gonzales
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center in Lafayette
- Our Lady of Lourdes Women's and Children's in Lafayette
- Our Lady of Lourdes Heart Hospital
- St. Dominic's Hospital in Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Francis Medical Center in Monroe.
- Assumption Community Hospital
Following in the footsteps of our founders, the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady, our team members and physicians are called to provide high quality care and compassion to all people, especially those most in need.
As we look to the future of our healthcare ministry, we chart our course by “going where we are called.”
The beautiful community of Lafayette which offers a rich culture with arts, entertainment, and museums. There are also world famous festivals which are centered around music, food and family. This area is also well known for abundant hunting and fishing. Lafayette is located 2 hours west of New Orleans and 3 hours east of Houston.
Located in Southwest Louisiana, city population of approximately 125,000 with service area population of over 444,000.
To request additional information regarding this opportunity or to submit your CV, please contact:
Laura Broussard, Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center
4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway
Lafayette, Louisiana 70508