MD/DO - Family Medicine - New London
ThedaCare, Inc., a highly successful northeast Wisconsin integrated health system, seeks a BE/BC Family Medicine physician for its New London location. The New London community provides a perfect blend of a rural community, while still being located near the urban community of the Fox Valley.
This is a great opportunity for a provider to practice full-scope or outpatient only Family Medicine. Call will be 1:8. The group's Advanced Practice Clinicians also take call; with physicians on pager call only 1:15.
This position will partner with a dedicated and highly qualified medical staff including Advanced Practice Clinicians. ThedaCare Physicians - New London is comprised of seven primary care physicians and 10 APC's.
- Income Details: This is an employed position with a flexible two-year salary guarantee based on a 4 or 4 1/2 day work week. After the two years, the physician will move to an incentive compensation plan. There is an option to go on the compensation plan after one year if the physician meets financial targets.
- Signing Bonus/Student Loan Forgiveness ~ you choose!
- Relocation Paid: Household moving expenses provided by ThedaCare's corporate mover. One relocation house-hunting visit for up to 7 days.
- Vacation: 35 days annually including CME/Vacation/Holidays
- CME: $4,500/year
- Call Coverage: 1:8 FP
- Other Benefits:
- Short Term & Long Term Disability,
- Professional Liability Insurance & WI Patient Compensation Fund,
- Licensing/Board Fees,
- 403b and 457b Retirement Plans,
- Legal Plan Option
On-Site Lab & X-ray
New London, a community of 7,200, is located in Northeastern Wisconsin, a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts and city dwellers alike. The community is located in Waupaca County, which has a population of nearly 52,000. New London is a friendly, caring, and progressive community with tree lined streets, well-kept homes, and thriving businesses.
New London offers so much for outdoor enthusiasts. The community is surrounded by a year-round scenic paradise for boating, canoeing, rafting, tubing, hiking, biking, golfing, fishing, snowmobiling, and hunting. There are two rivers within the city limits, as well as 900 acres of parks, trails and recreational facilities in the city and surrounding areas. Especially popular is the beautiful Wolf River, which offers world-class canoeing, tubing, and whitewater rafting.
New London is a solid community with a rich history and a strong industrial base that has kept median incomes on the rise. The stable government is backed by a skilled staff of professional administrators, who have annually reduced the tax rate and created opportunities for new business and manufacturers. New London offers the best of small town life and the variety of the big cities.
Waupaca County is well known as a great place to vacation during the summer. However, the world has been slow to discover that spending time here during the other three seasons can be just as enjoyable. There are over 200 lakes, 75 rivers and 35 trout streams for the outdoor enthusiast. Other activities include hiking, biking, hunting, golf, specialty shopping, performing arts, and more.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern divided highways systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Appleton: 25 miles
- Distance to Green Bay: 40 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 115 miles
- Distance to Madison: 115 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 200 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 250 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, 147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.