MD/DO - Geriatric Medicine - Appleton, WI/Fox Valley area
ThedaCare, a northeast Wisconsin Integrated health system, seeks a BE/BC Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Geriatric Fellowship Trained Senior Care Services Specialist to join ThedaCare and provide care to our Skilled Nursing and Long-Term Care facilities. Enjoy a flexible daily schedule and work with a team that is genuine, customer focused, and has a passion for geriatrics.
- Full-time or Part-time opportunity - you choose!
- Primary locations: Appleton surrounding area skilled nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- Facilities: 8 Skilled Nursing & 5 Assisted Living
- Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- 1:8 Weekend & Weekday Call
- Nurses take vitals, prep documents and prioritize work load for provider
- 10-12 visits per day
- On-site patient care team for input/discussion - sees patients in their own environment
- Mobile and electronic platform; labs and x-rays quickly available
- Chronic disease management and population health management
- Coordinated visits allow for flexible schedule (start/end time)
- Care setting allows you to get to know your patients
- Involvement in quality and process improvement is encouraged and supported
Income Details: Receive a competitive guaranteed salary
Signing Bonus: We offer a generous sign-on bonus for this position
Relocation Paid: Up to $10k relocation reimbursement
Vacation: 35 days
CME: $4,500/yr includes both CME and Technology Benefit (pro-rate on start date)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Professional Liability Insurance & WI Patient Compensation Fund
- Licensing/Board Fees
- 403b and 457b Retirement Plans
- Legal Plan Option
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, 147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.