Vascular-Certified Neurologist - Faculty Position
The Department of Neurology is seeking an exceptional Vascular-Certified Neurologist to join the team at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. This is an opportunity to be a part of a comprehensive, academic stroke program focusing on clinical, research, education and community outreach.
THE STROKE DIVISION AT WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH
- 7 vascular board-certified neurologists and 3 stroke Nurse Practitioners
- Leading the way with the most advanced, trusted and successful stroke care
- Large academic practice with blend of acute hospital practice, telestroke consultation, and clinic practice
- The largest network of telestroke hospitals in North Carolina, with 20 hospitals across the state
- Cutting edge stroke research across the continuum, with institutional (CTSA) and departmental infrastructures (StrokeNet) for supporting NIH and industry trials
- Interdisciplinary team approach to stroke care with Neurosurgery, Neurocritical Care, Emergency Medicine, and Rehabilitation Medicine.
- BC/BE Vascular Neurology
- ACGME accredited fellowship training in Vascular Neurology
- Successful record of clinical and service excellence, leadership and an interest in graduate medical education
- Strong interest stroke continuum of care, including inpatient stroke service, telestroke consults, and outpatient stroke follow-up
- Research experience is preferred
- North Carolina licensure or eligible
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic medical center in Winston-Salem, N.C., with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
Wake Forest School of Medicine is recognized as one of America’s best graduate schools for its innovative, experiential learning curriculum and research programs and directs the education of nearly 2,500 students, residents and fellows including physicians, basic scientists and allied clinical professionals.
HONORS & ACCREDITATIONS
A city of 230,000 people located in the beautiful Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, Winston-Salem enjoys a moderate climate with all four seasons and residents enjoy a cost of living 31% below the national average. The Blue Ridge Mountains and Parkway are a 1-2 hour drive to the north and west, and North Carolina's beaches are close enough to enjoy during long weekends.
Winston-Salem is a region on an upward trajectory that still maintains its Southern roots and small town feel. Although the city is traditionally Southern in its friendliness, it has an international feel. The metro area celebrates its diversity during an array of festivals and through a variety of cuisines. You'll find a multitude of restaurants serving everything from traditional North Carolina barbecue to Indian curries and Greek pastries, a thriving community of microbreweries and 42 wineries in the area.
As home to the first Arts Council in the United States, Winston-Salem paved the way for public-private support of the Arts, and created the model for Arts Councils nationwide. Our numerous galleries, performing arts groups, theaters, collectives and collections continue to attract and appeal to arts lovers worldwide.