Radiation Oncology Opportunity in CA
KAWEAH DELTA is the largest hospital in Tulare County and the only hospital in Visalia. We offer a variety of services including comprehensive cardiac care, open heart surgery, neurosurgery, minimally invasive operations, and more.
- Service area covers Tulare and Kings counties – 600k+ population
- 581-Beds; Level III Trauma Center and Stroke Center
- 5k deliveries annually; Valley Children’s provides NICU and Pediatric inpatient coverage
- 95k+ ED visits annually; ED expansion in progress, 40-beds to 74-beds
- Opportunity to care for a large underserved population
- Healthgrades 2019 America’s 250 best hospitals
- Affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute
Graduate Medical Education - Kaweah Delta Health Care District is home to 6 residency programs: Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, General Surgery, Anesthesia and Transitional Year.
Seeking a BE/BC Radiation Oncologist to work at 2 locations in Central CA.
- Currently 2 physicians on staff; Excellent Support Staff; billing handled by group.
- Provides coverage for Visalia office and rotates to cover Hanford every other week.
- Mostly outpatient, minimal inpatient coverage (2-3 consults per week on average).
- 50-60 patients on average daily.
- Advanced treatment technology including TrueBeam Linear Accelerators and HDR.
- Implementing Stereotactic Radiosurgery & Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy
- Employment opportunity with path to partnership
- Service Area Covers 2 Counties – 600K+ population
- Local hospital is financially Stable – Moody’s Bond Rating A3 / Joint Commission Certified
- Currently unable to offer Visa sponsorship.
Visalia, CA is located in the heart of the Central Valley and is referred to as the Gateway to the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Conveniently located between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Visalia is known for its rich agriculture, delicious dining, and its warm and welcoming small town charm. Visalia offers the unique combination of affordable housing, easy commute to work, a family friendly community and economic opportunity.
There are an average of 275 sunny days per year in Visalia! In the summer, temperatures range from the upper 90's during the daytime and drop to the low 80's in the evening. Our winter climate is mild. The average temperature in the early mornings and evenings is in the low 40's and during the daytime in the upper 50's.
In addition to our central location and California weather, there are also a wide-array of activities locally that you'll have easy access to enjoy. There are several lakes, two major rivers and reservoirs for fishing and boating. Three major ski resorts also are nearby, offering some of California's best downhill and cross-country skiing.
For more information about Visalia, please visit the links below.