Medical Director of Primary Care in Chicago, IL
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
As a member of the Executive Management team, the Medical Director of Primary Care is responsible for implementing, reviewing and developing Clinical protocols, performance objectives, productivity benchmarks, compliance measures, provider workflow planning and provider scheduling. Also, the position serves as coach/mentor/trainer to staff providers, giving guidance in best practices, troubleshooting of medical services and operations issues in priority of urgency according to TVHC policy and FQHC standards. The Market Chief Medical Officer will also represent the Clinic at required meetings with affiliated agencies. As a licensed MD the Medical Director of Primary Care will also provide direct patient services in addition to their duties in administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Brings together primary and multi-specialty care experts with ancillary medical services, including dental, pharmacy and acupuncture under one roof. By maximizing doctors and services in “one shop,” we can deliver coordinated and collaborative health care that enhances quality outcomes, efficiency, and the patient experience.
• Values a positive and welcoming approach to patient care, particularly for underserved seniors with low to moderate incomes. Advocates wellness for patients along the health continuum, from intensive, preventive care to treating multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. We invest in our patients by implementing strategies that help prevent complications from chronic complex medical problems.
• Takes ownership of patient outcomes. Our doctors meet three times a week to present their patients to the entire group. This approach enhances accountability and collaboration as well as fosters ongoing innovation.
• Develops and utilizes customized, end-to-end technology designed to support every aspect of the JenCare model and culture. This technology also enhances performance in practices that share a similar culture, health care philosophy, and patient mix.
• Oversee the medical services of 3-5 medical clinics and 5 to 10 plus physicians in a specific market according to our protocol.
• Hire, manage and mentor physicians; be a clinical leader.
• Lead our physician providers in weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.
• Cultivate a market presence and develop positive relationships with local specialists and the medical community.
• Create standard operating procedures on coding, HEIDIS and other evidence based medicine.
• Cultivate a uniform clinical culture, clinical values, clinical approach, incentives and performance values for our provider.
• Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related to health center licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory, administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues, especially within a managed care environment, required.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Board certification, or Board eligible, in a major primary care specialty field of practice.
• Current, valid license to practice medicine including DEA license and CPR, required.
• Strongly prefer minimum three (3) years’ experience in progressively responsible administrative or management-related positions within a primary health care environment, preferably in medically needy and underserved communities and in a community health center setting.
• Previous experience supervising providers and other clinical staff is essential, with demonstrated record of success.
• Strongly prefer (2) two years previous experience as Medical Director or Associate Medical Director with a Medicare or Medicaid patient population.
• Previous experience providing services and exercising leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with demonstrated success.
• Previous experience working within a managed care environment strongly preferred, especially with experience in administrative/management capacity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. ChenMed management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. This job description is NOT a contract for employment and does not modify or circumvent the employee’s ‘at-will’ employment relationship with the company
About Chicago, Illinois:
Located on the Southwestern shore of Lake Michigan, Chicago, Illinois, is the third most populous city in the United States. Metropolitan Chicago has a population of 9.8 million people and is home to more than thirty Fortune 500 companies. This "Second City" boasts a vibrant arts and cultural scene, from the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and the Art Institute of Chicago to such acclaimed theater companies as Steppenwolf. Sports enthusiasts can cheer the Chicago Cubs on the North Side, the Chicago White Sox on the South Side, and the Chicago Bears just off the lake shore. With such superior colleges as Northwestern University, The University of Chicago, DePaul University, and Loyola University, Chicago is at the forefront of quality education.
Chicago is home to United Airlines and has two major airports serving the residents and visitors, O'Hare International on the Northwest side and Midway International on the Southwest side of the city. Chicago also has one of the best mass transit systems in the country. For relaxation, Chicagoans can luxuriate in any of the city's 552 parks and behold the wonders of the Cook County Forest Preserves and Chicago Botanic Garden. In short, "The Windy City" is an ideal balance between big city excitement and mid-western friendliness.