Join Parkview Health as a Trauma / Acute Care Surgeon in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Join our Team
Parkview Health is actively recruiting a Board Eligible/Board Certified Trauma/Acute Care Surgeon to join their well-established team in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Specifics of Your Role as a Surgeon
- This position is full time, comprised of 150 annual 12 hour shifts and follows a shift model (7 days on/7 days off).
- This position entails trauma, emergency general surgery AND surgical critical care.
- Required credentials include Board Certification in General Surgery with added certification in Surgical-Critical Care.
- Our team consists of 7 Surgeons, 9 Advanced Practice Providers and 7 RNs who provide support 24/7.
- The support model that our team uses ensures that patients receive trusted, educated care with the use of advanced practice providers and nurses and allows for surgeons to give more time to those who require undivided medical attention.
- The team is excited to offer training to medical students and hospital-based providers throughout the year to maintain and build up trauma care knowledge and skills.
- Parkview Regional Medical Center is a Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center with seven board certified acute care surgeons.
- As the home of the region’s first trauma center, Parkview is a recognized leader in the care of injured patients.
- American College of Surgeons accredited trauma centers; Parkview Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers were the first trauma centers verified outside of Indianapolis.
- Mature trauma program with a large, busy trauma department, admitting 2,400 injured patients annually and just last year, performed emergency general surgeries for 1,400 cases
- Proudly committed to bringing the highest quality of care to northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio
- Region’s largest employer with over 13,000 employees
- Health system is comprised of more than 800 world-class providers in more than 45 specialties in over 300 locations.
- Named one of the nation’s top employers by Forbes
- Community hospitals recognized among Best Places to Work in Indiana
- Highly competitive salaries plus annual incentive compensation opportunity
- Commencement bonus
- Paid relocation
- Student loan assistance
- Retirement contribution plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- And many other non-traditional benefits!
For additional information or to submit your CV, please contact us at email@example.com.
Northeast Indiana is in the middle of it all, located just three hours or less by car from Midwest cities including Chicago, Cincinnati and Indianapolis – but with its own unique vibe and easygoing lifestyle.
Here, we offer the opportunity to create your version of the American dream, whether you’re looking to grow your career, family or home.
Fort Wayne, the region’s hub and Indiana’s second largest city, consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the U.S. and boasts some of the nation’s lowest cost of living.
Putting the Life in Your Work-Life Balance
Northeast Indiana has the charm of small-town life, but with big-city amenities, like vibrant downtown Fort Wayne. It has dining and night life that rival the most eclectic places across the nation. We are big on outdoor adventures, and we love to explore. If you’re a fan of professional sports, you won’t be bored. If you like fairs, festivals and happenings, you’ll have every weekend covered. There are so many events to keep you busy every day of the week!
We encourage you to come visit our growing health system and vibrant community and we will commit to welcoming you with our big-hearted hospitality.