Seeking BC/BE Urologist with Advanced Urological Robotic/Laparoscopic Fellowship & Minimally Invasive / DaVinci Surgery Experience for Las Vegas NV
The VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS), Las Vegas Nevada, is recruiting for BC/BE Urologist, with Advanced Robotic/Laparascopic Fellowship Training and Minimally-Invasive / DaVinci Surgery experience, to provide quality patient care to both inpatients and outpatients in accordance with approved clinical privileges. Expectations include maintenance of a high degree of excellence in clinical outcomes while providing efficient patient care throughput. Maintain professional competency, courtesy and flexibility or provide the necessary services of this specialty. Selected candidate will participate in outpatient clinics and take an active role in the evaluation of the patient, decision for treatment/care, and complete and timely documentation in the patient electronic records. Additionally, will provide collaborative patient management along with the other departments and sections of the hospitals including, but not limited to, laboratory, Medicine, Radiology, and the auxiliary services. Candidates will take Urology surgery call together with the other members of the Urology surgery section. They are expected to evaluate and treat Urology emergencies in the Emergency Department, Outpatient clinic, Inpatient ward, ICU, and the Operating Room.
- Must be a Citizen of the United States
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Urology (BC Preferred)
- Must have current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in the U.S.
- Advanced Urological Robotics/Laparascopic Fellowship Training with experience in Diagnostic/Therapeutic Endoscopy/Laparoscopy & DaVinci Surgery highly desired
The Las Vegas Nevada community is well-known as “The Entertainment Capital of the World” where visitors and residents alike enjoy unlimited options for fine or frequent dining, live entertainment, college and professional level sporting events, concerts, plays, and musical performances for all ages, and of course Metropolitan City Life and Gaming. Nevada has no State Income Tax, low property taxes, and abundant, affordable planned communities. Less well known to visitors to the world-famous Las Vegas Strip is our beautiful planned residential communities with diverse new and current housing choices, numerous education options for the children, and communities perfect for raising a family. If you are an “outdoors” person, you will enjoy the expansive natural beauty of both our city and suburban parks, trails, hills, mountains, forests and desert scenery. Enjoy a visit to Lake Mead National Recreation Area Hoover Dam and Boulder City and the Colorado River for boating, fishing, jet skiing, camping, and swimming. Enjoy hiking, bicycling, horseback riding, picnics, camping and sightseeing at the Valley of Fire State Park (46,000 Acres), Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area and its 13-mile Scenic Drive in Nevada’s Mojave Desert, known for its geological features, towering sandstone peaks, Native American petroglyphs and seasonal waterfalls at Ice Box Canyon. Or enjoy the Mount Charleston Wilderness Area and over 57,000 acres of protected wilderness that is part of the greater 316,000 acres of the Spring Mountains National Recreation Area with the highest part at Charleston Peak with an elevation of 11,908 feet for limitless Summer and Winter fun. Las Vegas Nevada Welcomes You!
Benefits and Features:
- Expected Salary range for well qualified Urologist will range from $300,000.00 to $400,000.00, with additional Recruitment and/or Relocation Incentive possible based on available facility funding
- The VA offers employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice and favorable work-life-family balance, that fosters an environment where more time is spent on medical practice and less on business tasks.
- VA does this by offering: Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Insurance includes Health-Dental-Vision Insurance Programs with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option.
- Federal Retirement Plan thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching.
About the VA:
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further:
For information and consideration, please email your Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to: Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (702) 675-5761.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Since 1972, VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS) has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve their health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 240,000 Veterans living in our catchment area. Within the sunny Las Vegas valley and surrounding areas, VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS) provides outpatient and inpatient health care services to more than 45,000 patients yearly, exceeding 450,000 outpatient visits per year. This comprehensive VA Medical Center is a 90-bed inpatient facility with state-of-the-art medical, diagnostic and surgical services. Other services provided by VASNHS include a 20-bed inpatient psychiatric treatment ward that opened on April 15, 2013. Several outpatient services are available at the Medical Center. Services provided by VASNHS continue to expand to meet the demands of the dynamic growth.
An exciting job opportunity awaits you at our new, state-of-the-art VA facility in the entertainment capital of the world – Fabulous Las Vegas! The VASNHS is comprised of a newly constructed 90 bed Medical Center, (4) Primary Care Clinics throughout the Las Vegas Valley, and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in Pahrump and Laughlin, Nevada. Las Vegas offers no state income tax, a variety of affordable housing options and well-planned residential communities, an international airport, world class dining & entertainment, outdoor recreation and 300 sunny days a year – outdoor recreation and activities include Lake Mead/Hoover Dam, Mt. Charleston/Red Rock Canyon, Death Valley/Valley of Fire – including fishing, hiking, backpacking, water sports, and acres of uninhabited desert landscape for off road enthusiasts to enjoy a nonstop playground. Check out our Las Vegas Community Guide at http://www.lasvegascommunityguide.com/ to learn more about our great City! Now is a great time to take your career to the next level in beautiful Las Vegas – Join Our VA Healthcare Team Today!