Growing program in WA increases the need to add BE/BC Gastroenterologists with ERCP
At Astria Health, we are passionate about our work. Our providers specialize in a variety of fields and are committed to the well-being of their community. Some of our specialists are doing procedures no other hospitals in our area are doing! With 3 local hospitals, 14 primary care & walk-in clinics, 24 specialty clinics, and over 100 employed providers; we are carrying out our vision to build sustainable healthcare organizations that deliver comprehensive quality care to improve health in the communities we serve.
Astria Health, headquartered in the heart of Yakima Valley WA, is the parent non-profit organization of Astria Sunnyside Hospital, Astria Toppenish Hospital, and Astria Regional Medical Center in Yakima.
We are a privately and locally owned health system that brought together 3 local hospitals that have strong connections to our communities. In doing so, we are truly caring out our mission through:
- New or expanded patient care services
- Access to care
- New physician services
- New technologies
- Attracting and retaining engaged professionals who share our vision
Join our fastest growing service line within our health system-GI with ERCP
Because of this growth, we need BE/BC Gastroenterologists and are looking for you to join our progressive health system.
- Excellent compensation package including extremely generous base salary with production incentives along with traditional employed benefit packages including hiring/commencement bonuses and relocation allowances, CME allowances, residency/fellowship stipends, malpractice, health, vacation, retirement and much more!
- Opportunity to build a busy, lucrative practice with low competition in the area. (Area of need for GIs)
- Join a fast growing practice that was developed due to community need, volume of patients for existing providers, and to provide choice.
- Flexible schedule as we continue to recruit for this team -- but similar to 2 days of clinic seeing about 20 patients per day and 3 days doing procedures with some inpatient consults.
- Advanced endoscopic procedures preferred, ERCP required.
- Strong referral base.
- We welcome experienced or new grads for this position.
- Inviting and warm culture-supportive leadership, providers, and staff.
- Ideally can start as soon as possible.
What comes to mind when you think of WA? Seattle, Rain, Metropolitan, Cold and Cloudy? Central WA (Yakima Valley) is quite the opposite! Bet you’ll be surprised to find:
- A growing population and thriving economy (Yakima County over 250,000, our catchment area over 300,000)
- Over 300 days of blissful sunshine with 4 distinct mild seasons
- Beautiful region located on the sunny-side of the state great for outdoor concerts, shopping, dining, and of course coffee!
- Every outdoor activity you can think of among some of the most beautiful scenery--rolling hills, vineyards, produce stacked in bins/fruit stands/farmers markets, rivers and lakes, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, hunting, skiing, with spectacular views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier while you drive up the valley!
- Calmer living-balance between life and work
- Growing agricultural center and one of the country's most important agricultural hubs
- World class wineries and microbreweries
- Highly rated private and public schools-some with great sports programs, music programs, and academic excellence-high graduating class/college bound. In recent years, several grads from schools in the Lower Valley of Yakima entered into Medical School!
- Arts/Sports/Entertainment-symphony, Seasons Performance Hall, concerts, ballet, sporting events, museums, Yakima Capital Theatre, local art gallery and much more!
- Low cost of living –some of the most reasonable housing cost in the PNW
- Medical DO school (PNWU)
- Family Medicine Residency program
- Short commute and virtually no traffic!
- We are within a 2 1/2-3 hours’ drive to the big 3--Seattle, Spokane, Portland
- Yakima and Pasco (Tri-Cities) airports