Peds Surgery Just 30 Minutes from Scottsdale
VALLEY-WIDE PATIENT ACCESS
Trauma Program Recently Opened!
Banner Children’s Specialists (BCS) is seeking a full time BC/BE PEDIATRIC SURGEON to join our growing program in the Phoenix Metro Area with a pediatric population of 350,000+. We're seeking a candidate who will provide a wide range of surgical care for premature newborns to 18-year old adolescents at the three facilities mentioned below. Procedures include full scope of laparoscopic, thoracoscopic, robotic and open surgeries in the cervical, thoracic and abdominal regions addressing the diseases of the respiratory, digestive, biliary, genitourinary and dermatologic systems. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in working in a high volume environment with several index cases from three Level 3 NICUs and a busy pediatric oncology program based in two hospitals. Pediatric trauma program is expected to start later this year at Cardon Children’s Medical Center.
Our Pediatric Surgery division currently consists of six full time and three part time Pediatric Surgeons, three Nurse Practitioners and eight Physician Assistants.
- Cardon Children’s Medical Center (CCMC) in Mesa, is astate-of-the-art, 206-bed children’s hospital that was opened in November 2009 and provides comprehensive pediatric care provided by specialists with pediatric training in Orthopedics, Nephrology, Urology, Neuropsychology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Oncology, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Pulmonology, ENT, Endocrinology, Plastic Surgery, Radiology, Neonatology, Intensive Care and Infectious diseases. Cardon Children’s Medical Center is a member of the Children’s Hospital Association. It is part of the Banner Desert Medical Center - one of the largest and most comprehensive facilities in Arizona which serves as a tertiary referral center for the East Valley of metropolitan Phoenix and treats the highest levels of acuity in the East Valley.
Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, is a 200 bed acute care hospital that opened in 1983. The hospital is currently ranked one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and is a recipient of a prestigious "Best of the West" award from Westmarc in recognition of the hospital's contributions to the region. This hospital has two pediatric floors, a 6 bed PICU, a 40 bed Level 3 NICU and pediatric Emergency Department. Several pediatric specialists are based at this facility including Pediatric Surgery, Orthopedics, Urology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Oncology, Neurology, Neonatology and Intensive care.
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, formerly Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community. Moms-to-be choose to deliver babies at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix because of the expertise in high-risk obstetrics care. This hospital has an 80 bed Level 3 NICU staffed by Neonatologists around the clock.
Banner Health is one of the largest non-profit healthcare systems in the country with twenty-eight hospitals, six long term care centers and an array of other services, including urgent care centers, family clinics, home care services and home medical equipment, in six Western and Midwestern states. We offer physician’s highly integrated and innovative environments, collaborative team-oriented workplace and clinical settings that focus on patient excellence, all complementing our Non-profit Mission: We exist to make a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care.
Banner Health offers excellent compensation including attractive salary, relocation assistance, recruitment incentives, fully paid occurrence-based malpractice, paid CME plus allowance and excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
Submit your CV and letter of interest for immediate consideration.
Cardon Children's Medical Center provides comprehensive pediatric care from general to emergency, as well as services for specific childhood diseases. Highly trained physician specialists, social services staff and numerous integrative therapy programs ensure a complete range of care for children. We have a child-friendly atmosphere accented by soothing colors and dedicated play areas, as well as a volunteer dog therapy program that helps cheer up young patients during their stays.
Cardon Children's Medical Center features 248 beds, specially trained nurses and doctors and family-centered care as well as an expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – from 65 beds to 86 beds.
- Six pediatric operating rooms featuring 25 private, child-friendly pre- and post-op areas.
- An expanded Pediatric Emergency Department, increasing from 15 to 26 beds.
- Outpatient Treatment Center includes 16 beds that can serve as overflow for Emergency Department during peak evening hours.
- Dedicated Pediatric Radiology Department.
- Dedicated Pediatric Rehabilitation unit.
- Dedicated pediatric cancer and blood disorder unit.
- Dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, with shelled space for future PICU expansion.
Cardon Children's Medical Center is located in Mesa , AZ. is located just 15 miles from Phoenix and is home to more than 430,000 people. The city has numerous historic areas including the Temple District. This area of town surrounds the Later Day Saints(LDS or Mormon) Temple, which was built in 1927. The temple and its visitor's center attract more than two million visitors each year.
Other area attractions include the many museums and art galleries, year-round golfing, and historic Hohokam Indian sites. Spend an evening with the Mesa Symphony Orchestra or attending a play performed by the Southwest Shakespeare Company. If you like baseball, Mesa is the spring training home of the Chicago Cubs.
Nearby areas offer mega shopping malls, numerous factory outlets, wonderful restaurants of every sort, dozens of top-rated golf courses, Indian gaming centers, medical services, and many more attractions including Biosphere II, Boyce Thompson Arboretum, the Arizona Science Center, Kartchner Caverns, Saguaro and Canyon Lakes and of course, the beautiful Grand Canyon.