Join our team discover for yourself how Geisinger’s award-winning, physician-led system focuses on patient care through innovative care models, compassionate providers and robust,integrated technology.
Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital in Pennsylvania, is seeking a BC/BE, full-time pediatric general surgeon to join Geisinger Medical Center’s Department of Pediatric Surgery. Our collaborative group consists of three pediatric surgeons, two PAs, three trauma nurses and one pediatric surgical nurse
- Level II pediatric trauma center
- Robust PIPs program seeking ACS Children’s Surgery Verification
- Opportunity for teaching medical students and surgical and pediatric residents
- Clinical research opportunities are available.
- High volume of neonatal and index cases
- Supported by a full complement of pediatric medical/surgical subspecialties
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital is an 89-bed children’s hospital with a 30-bed NICU, a 14-bed PICU and separate wards for infants, toddlers and adolescents.
- Ronald Scorpio, MD – Trained at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. - Alfred Kennedy, MD – Trained at Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City. - Chris Coppola, MD – Trained at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington D.C.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered for this position.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to: Sarah Lipka, Physician Recruiter, Geisinger email@example.com or 570-271-5406
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
For more information, visit www.geisinger.org.
Geisinger fosters an atmosphere of clinical excellence while offering the best of life in small-town America-good schools, safe neighborhoods with affordable housing and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The surrounding natural beauty provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, canoeing, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia or Washington D.C. just an afternoon’s drive away.