Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Hutchinson Regional Medical Center (HRMC) is a not-for-profit, 200-licensed bed medical facility serving the health needs of more than 65,000 residents of Hutchinson, Reno County, and the surrounding Central Kansas region. As a locally-owned and governed community hospital, HRMC is committed to delivering exceptional care to every patient with the pursuit to be the first and best choice for health care.
- Established team with 8 physicians, 4 advanced practice providers, and a clinical performance nurse
- Closed ICU
- No call environment
- Specialists run codes
- No procedures required
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Hutchinson and Reno County are located in the heart of south-central Kansas. The exceptional schools, thriving healthcare system, and dedicated business leaders and community members make the area a vibrant, great place to live and work. Packed with big city conveniences in a micropolitan atmosphere, Hutchinson/Reno County is the best of both worlds. There is the vibrancy of a city determined to thrive and progress, yet without the big city problems. Hutchinson/Reno County boasts a reasonable cost of living with beautiful scenery and friendly people. It's a mecca for creative and talented people pursuing challenging careers. Simply, we're diverse. We're innovative. We're the community you should call home.
Awards and Accolades
The Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System has received six Gold Seal of Approval accreditations from The Joint Commission. The Gold Seal of Approval is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to providing safe and effective care.
- The American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association recognizes HRMC for achieving 85% or higher compliance with all Get with the Guidelines-Stroke Achievement Measures for two calendar years
- The Primary Stroke Center at Hutchinson Regional Medical Center (HRMC) has been recognized by the American Heart Association (AHA) as a recipient of the Quality Achievement Award as a tribute to the hospital’s successful treatment of strokes
- The American Heart Association named Reno County Emergency Medical Services, an entity of HRMC, recipient of the Lifeline EMS Gold Award for implementing quality improvement measures for care and treatment of heart attack patients
- Consumer Reports ranks HRMC number 8 in patient safety out of 128 hospitals in Kansas