Palliative Care Physician in Minneapolis, MN
Hennepin County Medical Center seeks a Physician in Palliative Medicine. Overall responsibility for medical direction of the care and treatment of the patients and their families followed by the Palliative care consult service, and for the education of fellows, residents, and students who are rotating on the consult service.
- We provide palliative care 7 days a week with a 7 on/7 off schedule.
- The consulting service is staff from 0700-1900 daily with predominately pager call.
- We provide 15 days of inpatient consulting per month.
- There is no overnight call.
- Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Current (or eligibility for) license to practice as a physician in the State of Minnesota
HCMC is a 470 bed safety net hospital located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. We own and operate 9 community clinics in Hennepin County. We train over 200 medical students, residents and fellows annually. Members of the HCMC medical staff hold academic appointments at the University of Minnesota.
Positions at Hennepin County Medical Center are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Staff in accordance with its policies.
Please submit CV and letter of interest to: Jerry Hess, Provider Services at Jerry.Hess@hcmed.org
Hennepin Healthcare System, Inc. operates Hennepin County Medical Center in downtown Minneapolis and primary care clinics in Minneapolis on East Lake Street, in the Whittier Neighborhood and in the suburban communities of Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Richfield, Golden Valley, and St. Anthony.
Hennepin County Medical Center is:
- Minnesota’s premier Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center with many nationally recognized programs and specialties
- A recognized system of primary care clinics and retail clinics located throughout Hennepin County
- An essential teaching hospital for doctors who go on to practice throughout the state
- A safety net hospital providing care for low-income, the uninsured and vulnerable populations, and
- A major employer and economic engine in Hennepin County.
- A 471 bed hospital.
Hennepin County Medical Center has been named one of the nation's best hospitals for the last 12 years by U.S. News and World Report.
Hennepin County Medical Center is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity & Diversity.
Minneapolis has much to offer along with its twin city, St. Paul. It is an educational, cultural, recreational and business destination with many K-12 schools, and top ranked private and public colleges and universities. It shares first place nationally for biking trails and as a bike-friendly city. HCMC is located on the border of downtown Minneapolis with easy access from freeways.
Located in downtown Minneapolis, Hennepin County Medical Center enjoys nearby amenities such as Target Center and Target Field, the Greenway for biking and running along the banks of the Mississippi River, and is easily accessible from major highways in all directions.
Medscape named Minneapolis as the best place to practice medicine in for 2017 due to factors such as teamwork with Nurse Practitioners & Physician Assistants, great cost of living, healthy patient population and abundant recreation opportunities.