Neurology - New Orleans West Bank
The Ochsner Neuroscience Institute in New Orleans is seeking BC/BE GENERAL & SUBSPECIALTY TRAINED NEUROLOGISTS to join our expanding practice at Ochsner Medical Center West Bank located on the West Bank of New Orleans in Gretna, Louisiana.
- Board certified/board eligible
- Newly trained or experienced physicians are encouraged to apply
- Commitment to providing high-quality, compassionate patient care
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care and demonstrate positive clinical outcomes
- Department currently employs one full-time board certified neurologist
- Large referral base
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health
- Multi-hospital department with 36 neurologist system-wide offering comprehensive range of subspecialty representation in stroke, neurocritical care, interventional neurology, neuromuscular disease, movement disorders, epilepsy, MS headache, cognitive disorders, sleep, traumatic brain injury and sports medicine
- Telestroke Program is integrated with our large tertiary care center in New Orleans, providing care for more than 6,600 patients in 30 hospitals across Louisiana and Mississippi
Ochsner West Bank Offers Award Winning Quality
- Ranked as a top 25 Neuroscience Center by US News & World Report and only hospital ranked for neurology care in Louisiana
- Named as One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care by Healthegrades and recognized with its Excellence Awards for Neurosciences, Neurosurgery, and Stroke Care
- Ranked #11 in the nation for Neurological Care and #22 in the nation for Neurological Surgery by CareChex
For more information or to apply please Click Here.
CVs will bereviewed by Richard M. Zweifler, M.D., System Chair of Neurology.
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In 2010 the 180-bed Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank, a campus of the Ochsner Clinic Foundation, received HealthGrades® Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™, a ranking in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals. The hospital has an OB Nurse Navigator program, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Concierge Program to enhance patient satisfaction as well as excellent obstetrical, women’s, full-service emergency department, orthopedic, cardiology and urology services.
The Medical Center offers comprehensive medical services provided by a multi-disciplinary team including more than 500 board-certified or board-eligible physicians, a highly-trained nursing staff and other skilled allied-health professionals.
Since becoming a member of the Ochsner family in October 2006, the Medical Center has made great strides in bringing more comprehensive and technologically-advanced services to the community. A robust electronic Medical record was implemented, which can follow a patient anywhere in the Ochsner System. It also gives the patient access to their own records at their leisure. A six-bed outpatient chemotherapy administration area was likewise outfitted to meet the needs of West Bank residents requiring chemotherapy, blood transfusions, injections and other cancer-related drug therapy. Advanced Wound Care services with a multi-discplinary approach to healing is a unique service for the West Bank.
Additionally, several established services such as the Family Unit, NICU, Bariatrics and Emergency Department are continuing to grow, becoming leaders for the West Bank.
On the West Bank, Ochsner is emerging as a major quality healthcare provider with a nationally recognized acute-care hospital. Ochsner West Bank offers primary and specialty care in four local health centers, easily accessible to families in Orleans, and Plaquemines Parishes. From Algiers to Belle Chasse, Ochsner West Bank is expanding to offer more advanced medical services close to home.
Ochsner Health Center - Algiers (Behrman Place)
Ochsner Health Center - Algiers (McArthur Blvd.)
Ochsner Health Center - Marrero
Ochsner Physical Therapy - Gretna
The West Bank is a suburb of New Orleans, one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in America. Amenities include multiple universities and academic centers, professional sports teams, world-class dining and cultural interests, and renowned live entertainment and music.
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana’s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.
|Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a
“Best Hospital” across four specialty categories.
Nationally Ranked Hospital
Ranked #1 in Louisiana
Ranked #1 in New Orleans Metro Area
Ranked #1 in Nation for Liver Transplants 3 years in a row