Orthopedic Surgeon Opportunity
Schneck Medical Center
Schneck Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified/Eligible Orthopedic Surgeon to join its established orthopedic and sports medicine practice. The new physician will join two orthopedic surgeons and one podiatrist.
Drs. Jill Mikles & Kris Williams
- Position is available due to retirement of surgeon who served the community for 33 years
- Hospital employee
- Popular Practice with growing Sports Med Program
- Call: Q3- Attractive on-call pay
- 304 PTO hours per year + 40 CME PTO hours per year
- $5,000 per year CME allowance
- Health insurance, dental, vision, long- and short-term disability, life insurance, 403(b) and 457(b) with employer matching
- 15 exam rooms
- Office hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Fridays 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Each physician has a surgery day in Schneck's OR with ability to take ad-ons on additional days
- Collegial medical staff
- Accessible and flexible administration
- Block time in OR 1 full day each week with ability to add cases to other days
Schneck Medical Center is in constant pursuit of ways to provide excellent care. In the last 100 years, we have evolved from a 17-bed hospital to one of the most respected health institutions in the nation.
Today, Schneck is the first organization in Indiana to be honored with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation's highest presidential honor for quality and performance excellence. Becker's Hospital Review named it one of the nation's Top 100 Great Hospitals, one of the nation's Top 100 Great Community Hospitals and its CEO was recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Leaders of Hospitals.
Schneck is among only seven percent of hospitals nationwide that have achieved Magnet status from the American Nurse Credentialing Center. Schneck's Cancer Center has been honored by the American College of Surgeons for excellence as the recipient of a commendation from the Commission on Cancer and the Outstanding Achievement Award for cancer care. It's Women's Imaging Center has been designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. And, its hip and knee replacement programs have received The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for quality and safety.
Schneck has been named as one of Indiana's "Best Places to Work" and recognized nationally as a "Best Place to Work" in healthcare by Becker's Hospital Review,Modern Healthcare magazine, and HealthExecNews. It has also been ranked as the #1 Most Nurse-Friendly Hospital in the nation by TopRNtoBSN and Best Hospital Finance Department by Healthcare Finance News.
- 93 private-patient suites
- Over 200 physicians
- Over 1,000 associates
- 84,000-square-foot outpatient care center
- Medical Simulation Lab provides a real-world environment to learn, practice, and master the latest techniques in patient care.
- Schneck Family Care offers primary care, diagnostic imaging, and laboratory services in three convenient locations.
- da Vinci Si Surgical System
Community outreach programs include support groups, wellness screenings, health fairs, and lectures throughout the year. Other programs include:
- Spirit of Women - an integrated partnership of hospitals and healthcare systems across the country that aim to drive health action for women and their families through health fairs, lectures, and education.
- Schneck Foundation Healthy Communities - programming which educates on health issues important to the community.
- EPiC- Employee Partners Invested in Caring- Nearly 80% of Schneck employees are members of EPiC- the employee arm of the Schneck Foundation. This membership exceeds the nation average of 34%.
Scholarship Program- Residents of local communities interested in pursuing careers in allied health, nursing, or medicine can apply for tuition assistance through Schneck's robust scholarship program.
Located just off Interstate 65 in the southern part of the state. Seymour is an hour’s drive from Indianapolis, Louisville, and Bloomington, home of Indiana University, and only 90 minutes from Cincinnati. A city of tree-lined streets, beautifully restored historical homes, and quaint shops, yet close to the cultural and entertainment amenities of the bigger cities. Excellent school system offering both public and parochial education options. Thriving manufacturing industry helps promote low unemployment and a robust economy.