Gastroenterologist for South Central Pennsylvania
Summit Gastroenterology, located in South Central Pennsylvania, seeks Gastroenterologist to join them in Waynesboro. Call is 1-4. Ideal candidate will be BE/BC and have the desire to deliver personalized, high-quality care through diagnosis and treatment of digestive disorders and conditions.
- Diagnosis and treatment of peptic ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, chronic reflux disease, dysphasia (difficulty in swallowing) and biliary (gallbladder, bile ducts and bile) diseases
- Endoscopic procedures, including upper GI endoscopies, colonoscopies, and another type of similar procedure that helps doctors look inside the ducts that connect your liver, gallbladder and pancreas to your small intestine.
- Colonoscopy screening for colorectal cancer
- Removal of polyps from the stomach and colon
- Gallstone removal
- Treatment of Hepatitis C
- Treatment of ulcers, through injection of medicine or by electro-cauterization
- Inpatient and outpatient consultation
- Highly competitive compensation package, sign on bonus or educational loan repayment
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Medical malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Generous allowances for CME, Dues, and Relocation assistance
- Located just 90 minutes from Baltimore/DC metro area and 3 hours from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
- Abundant outdoor and cultural activities include golfing, hiking, skiing, historic interest, shopping, fairs, festivals and more.
WellSpan Health is an integrated health system that serves the communities of central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. The organization is comprised of a multispecialty medical group of more than 1,500 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, a regional behavioral health organization, a home care organization, eight respected hospitals, more than 19,000 employees, and 170 patient care locations. WellSpan is a charitable, mission-driven organization, committed to exceptional care for all, lifelong wellness and healthy communities.
WellSpan Health facilities are located in York, Adams, Lancaster, Lebanon and Franklin counties, which offer an ideal living environment to match the quality of work-life balance you’re seeking. Our communities offer abundant outdoor and cultural activities, including restaurants, theatre, golf courses, hiking trails, water sports, and historic tours. The communities are a short drive from several, large metropolitan areas including the Baltimore/DC metro area and Philadelphia.
If you value a strong sense of community, the more palatable pace of suburban living, and the convenience of a workplace close to home, you’ll realize the advantages of considering WellSpan Health as part of your future.
The WellSpan Medical Group is a large multi-specialty group that employs more than 1,500 physicians and advanced practice clinicians in over 170 locations across central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. Working together and connected through a sophisticated electronic health record, these experts offer care and treatment for conditions that range from simple to complex – from the common cold to orthopedic injuries, neurologic problems and cardiovascular disease. The WellSpan Medical Group is proud of their culture of transparency, collaborative environment and strong commitment to physician leadership within their group.