Geisinger is seeking a fellowship trained, BE/BC Vascular Neurologist to join its multidisciplinary Neuroscience Institute.
Join our expanding team of vascular trained neurologists in our certified comprehensive stroke center. The vascular team includes a network of stroke hospitals, endovascular neurosurgeons and a neurocritical care unit.
The Geisinger Neuroscience Institute houses a JCAHO-accredited, Gold Plus-certified stroke program, a full IA and IV TPA with 24-hour, 7 day a week neuro-interventionalist support, vascular neurosurgery, a complete ancillary support system with its own 40-bed rehabilitation hospital, active clinical trials, and educational and research opportunities.
About this position:
- This position can be either a neurohospitalist working 12 hour shifts, 7 days on and 7 days off or an out-patient position with no call, or a combination of the two.
- Collaborate with 40 general neurologists and sub-specialty trained neurologists system-wide.
- Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Teaching opportunities exists with our neurology residents and vascular neurology fellowship program.
- Enjoy a strong referral base.
- Research is available at The Center for Health Research, The Weis Center for Research and The Center for Clinical Studies.
- Faculty appointments available at our affiliated medical college.
Geisinger’s Neuroscience Institute spans Geisinger’s three main campuses in Danville, Wilkes-Barre and Scranton, along with locations in Harrisburg, State College and Lewistown, Pennsylvania. Our program includes most neurology and neurosurgery subspecialties along with neurology and neurosurgery residency programs. Geisinger has a specific focus on quality not quantity and developing new management pathways for optimal outcomes.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
For more information, visit www.geisinger.org.
Geisinger fosters an atmosphere of clinical excellence while offering the best of life in small-town America-good schools, safe neighborhoods with affordable housing and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The surrounding natural beauty provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, canoeing, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia or Washington D.C. just an afternoon’s drive away.