MD/DO - Family Medicine - Full Scope - OB Optional- Waupaca
ThedaCare, Inc., a Northeastern Wisconsin integrated health system, seeks BC/BE Full Scope Family Practice Physicians (OB and C-Section optional), for its location in beautiful Waupaca, WI.
Enjoy a Full-Time Employment Opportunity with the option to work 4 or 41/2 days per week
OB or OB C-Section optional, but highly desired
Call Coverage: FP is 1:8, OB is 1:6
Each physician has exam rooms and a shared pool of MAs, triage nurses, receptionists, coders, transcriptionists, ancillary techs and business office staff
Members of the group perform vasectomies, colposcopies, colonoscopies, joint injections, lesion removal, suturing and casting.
Multi-Specialty Support in orthopedics sports medicine, cardiology, hematology/oncology, urology, pulmonary, ENT and ophthalmology, podiatry, neurosurgery, psychiatry
Ancillary services include full service lab, digital X-Ray, MRI, CT and Mammography all onsite
EPIC EMR utilized across the system
- Income Details: This is an employed position with a flexible two-year salary guarantee based on a four, or four and a half day work week with OB Optional. After the 2 year period of time, the physician will move to an incentive compensation plan. There is an option to go on the compensation plan after one year if the physician meets financial targets.
- Relocation Assistance
- Vacation: Paid Time Off: 35 days, including vacation, CME, and holidays
- CME: $4,500/year; 10 days/year for the first and second years
- Other Benefits:
- Short Term & Long Term Disability,
- Life Insurance,
- Malpractice & WI Patient Compensation Fund,
- Licensing/Board Fees,
- 403b and 457b Retirement Plans,
- Legal Plan Option
- Zachary Baeseman, MD Medical School: University of Wisconsin Medical School; Residency: UW Fox Valley Family Medicine; Fellowship: Swedish Hospital Medical Center (WA)
- Michael Bauer, MD Medical School: University of Minnesota; Residency: Duluth, MN
- Gil Burgstede, MD Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin; Residency: University of Illinois
- Russel Butkiewicz, MD Medical School: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI; Residency: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Sarah Durst, MD Medical School: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI; Residency: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI; Fellowship: Tacoma Family Medicine Rural/OB Fellowship
- Ashley Garavet, MD Medical School: University of Medicine and Health Services St. Kitts, WI Residency: North Caddo Medical Center, Vivian, LA
- Dorrie Happ, MD Medical School: University of Wisconsin; Residency: Duluth Family Practice
- Kelly Pucillo, MD Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI; Residency: University of Wisconsin Madison/Baraboo Rural Training Track
- Charles Rathjen, MD Medical School: University of Nebraska College of Medicine; Residency: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Paul Sletten, MD Medical School: University of Missouri - Columbia; Residency: Fairview-University Medical Center - Minnesota
- James Spencer, MD Medical School: University of Wisconsin Medical School (Madison); Residency: Fox Valley Family Medicine Residency
- Michelle Soto, MD Medical School: University of Wisconsin Medical School (Madison); Residency: Contra Costa Regional Medical Center
- Dan Sutton, MD Medical School: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI; Residency: University of Wisconsin, Baraboo, WI
- Katherine Miller, PA - Concordia University
- Wendy Buck, APNP, FNP-BC- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Stephanie Doine, NP - George Washington University
- Tammy Sue Elergsma, PA - Marywood University
- Kara Enerson, PA - Marquette University
- Deb Ferguson, MSN, CNM, FNP - American College of Nurse Midwives, Marquette University, University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh, WI
- Blair Rathjen, PA-C - Rosalind Franklin University
- Nancy Pejsa, NP - Marquette University
- Heidi Schaefer, PA - University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Carmen Miller, FNP-BC - Concordia University
- Christine Burnett, APNP - Walden University
- Hannah Jochman, APNP - Bellin College
- Heather Gruszynski, FNP - University of Oshkosh
- Joy Kobiske, NP - University of Oshkosh
- Wendy Johnson, NP - University of Oshkosh
Waupaca is a long time vacation spot, rich in specialty shops, a variety of restaurants, golf courses, and outdoor activities. The Waupaca area supports a service area of over 30,000 people within a 15-mile radius of the city and is known for its lakeside beauty!
Waupaca is located in east central Wisconsin at the junction of US Highway 10 and State Highway 22, 49, and 54, and is the heart of the famous "Chain of Lakes" area!
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Appleton: 35 miles
- Chicago: 180 miles
- Green Bay: 60 miles
- Madison: 100 miles
- Milwaukee: 120 miles
- Minneapolis: 230 miles
- Stevens Point: 26 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, 147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.