Employed Rheumatologist in Kentucky - Robust Referral Base
Owensboro Health has an excellent Rheumatologist opportunity in Kentucky.
- Join 1 physician and 1 APRN in successful and busy practice, with no weekend or night call, and inpatient consults only as needed
- Comprehensive outpatient-only rheumatology practice in newly renovated clinic with typical diagnosis including SLE, RA, Psoriatic Arthritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, Gout, Osteoarthritis, Arthritis and Vasculitis
- Private infusion rooms located at the main hospital
- Lab and imaging on-site
- Clinic hours M-F, 8-5
- 15-18 average daily patient encounters – there is a significant need in our service area, providers will be busy immediately.
- New hospital (2013) licensed for 477 beds, strong hospitalist group with 24/7 coverage, and innovative state-of-the-art equipment in a community with population draw of 400,000
- Hospital-employed with integrated EMR (Epic) in clinics and hospital
- Excellent specialty backup support
- On-site health/wellness facilities for employees located in the hospital, plus complimentary family membership to hospital-owned comprehensive community HealthPark facility in Owensboro.
- Family Medicine Residency program starting in 2019 - teaching opportunities will be available
- Seeking BC/BE candidates--experienced physicians and those still in training welcome to apply
- Competitive base salary, sign-on bonus, productivity bonus, relocation assistance, and marketing
- 6 weeks of vacation (includes 1 week for CME)
- Funded liability/malpractice/tail coverage, retirement plans, full health/medical benefits, $6,000 CME annually, and more.
Owensboro Health is a community-focused, nonprofit healthcare system that provides innovative medical advancements and compassionate care to help improve the community. Owensboro Health includes Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, which is a top-rated hospital located 123 miles north of Nashville, TN and 109 miles southwest of Louisville, KY. Owensboro Health also includes diagnostic centers and regional clinics; primary care, education and wound healing centers; a cancer center; home care services; and HealthPark.
Each year, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital averages 1,800 births; 64,000 emergency room visits; 18,000 admissions and 500,000 outpatient visits each year. System wide, the organization has nearly 3,400 employees and 219 medical staff.
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital represents a new era of health care and wellness for the region. The brand-new, $500 million dollar hospital and medical office building project features a nine-story facility licensed for 477 patient beds, and offers views of lush green vistas and natural scenery from every room. In addition, highly advanced medical technology is easily accessible. Among the advancements, Owensboro Health has invested in:
- 16 operating room suites
- 2 da Vinci® surgical systems to aid in minimally invasive procedures
- Expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Epic - electronic medical records system
- RFID (Radio-frequency Identification) system for technology tracking and inventory
LIFE IN OWENSBORO
Owensboro sits on the southern bank of the Ohio River and serves as cultural and business hub in the Kentucky-Indiana-Illinois try-state region. A modern and vibrant community that maintains a rich history and traditional charm of a southern American city, Owensboro offers a family-friendly atmosphere, quality educational opportunities, a low crime rate and low cost of living index.
- America's Best Place to Work - CNN/Business Week
- Named "Heat the Music" City in 2019 - Brand USA
- Top City for Millennials - Business Insider