At Geisinger, we’re committed to doing things differently to improve lives. As such, we give our physicians the best tools to deliver exceptional care. That spirit of innovation and excellence drives everything we do – from our state-of-the-art Emergency Medical Services program to new and expanding graduate medical education programs – these are just some of the ways we go above and beyond to help the communities we serve.
Geisinger is seeking Emergency Medicine physicians for the department of Emergency Medicine throughout central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania.
Join an organization that’s leading healthcare change:
- Robust Emergency Medical Services program: nine state-of-the-art helicopters stationed at six bases across the system, two Critical Care Ground Transports coming soon, and mobile integrated health
- New emergency medicine residency and ultrasound fellowship programs and a growing pediatric emergency medicine program
We take pride in the support we provide to our physicians:
- Excellent minimum starting salary of $370,000 for new graduates with a straight salary model linked to quality and value versus productivity measures
- Recruitment incentives which include: $150K recruitment loan or $150K medical school loan repayment, $2,500 monthly stipend available to current residents and fellows upon signature of an offer letter, full relocation reimbursement and more
- Premium moonlighting rate equal to $270/hr
- Excellent benefit package, including malpractice & tail coverage
- Flexibility to practice in a low-acuity community hospital and/or tertiary care center setting
- Opportunities to participate in teaching, research and optimizing access for patients
- Fully integrated electronic health record (Epic)
- Support and leadership from a full range of dedicated, experienced specialists & subspecialists
- Professional opportunities for mentorship, growth and advancement
Wherever your future takes you at Geisinger, our commitment to you is what differentiates us.
“Practicing emergency medicine at Geisinger offers physicians the opportunity to advance their careers while also making a huge impact, not only in the lives of our patients, but on the nation as a whole. Geisinger has been recognized as a leader in the industry for its innovative care delivery models that positively influence the way emergency medicine physicians practice everywhere.” Jaewon Ryu, MD, JD, FACEP, CEO and President, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Geisinger
The future of health is in you!
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
For more information, visit www.geisinger.org.
Geisinger fosters an atmosphere of clinical excellence while offering the best of life in small-town America-good schools, safe neighborhoods with affordable housing and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The surrounding natural beauty provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, canoeing, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia or Washington D.C. just an afternoon’s drive away.