ThedaCare Medical Center - Shawano
- 100 County Highway B
The newly constructed ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital, with an average daily census of 16 patients, and 2,300 admissions annually. This hospital serves 21,000 emergency patients annually.
- 24-Hour Emergency Care - Board Certified Emergency Medicine Staff available 24/7, with close connections to ThedaStar in the event of a transfer to a higher level care facility is necessary.
- Walk-In Care – No appointment necessary, 7-days a week. Walk-in care can be used for minor illnesses and sports physicals.
- Family Birth Care – Designed to meet the needs of the patient and family with a home-like environment
Welcome to Shawano WI, Shawano and Menominee Counties. Our beautiful surroundings and relaxed lifestyle full of recreational and cultural activities. Traditions are captured in festivals and celebrations, art exhibits, performances, and museums. In Shawano Country there is so much to do and see for all ages and interests. It's the perfect place to kick back and relax or kick it into high gear!
- Public or private schools with robust curriculums and state of the art technology
- Low cost of living
- Low crime rates
- Quiet streets and peaceful neighborhoods
- Historical architecture as well as quality new construction
- Vibrant downtown with unique shops and specialty items
- 26 Serene, restful and/or active city parks
- 134 Lakes and multiple streams
- Recreational activities such as camping, hunting, fishing, boating, sailing, canoeing, golfing, downhill/cross country skiing, hiking, bird watching, and rafting.
- Economic base includes retail, government services and manufacturing
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern divided highways systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Appleton: 44 miles
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 107 miles
- Distance to Madison: 106 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 197 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles