ThedaCare Medical Center - New London
- 1405 Mill Street
ThedaCare Medical Center-New London is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital, which provides general acute care to New London and nearby rural communities in Outagamie and Waupaca counties.
- Chemotherapy Treatment available in a comfortable setting close to home, which includes fully reclining chairs, spacious public and private treatment areas, and plenty of room for loved ones.
- Transitional Care unit available to meet the needs of patients who no longer require inpatient care, but are not ready to go home.
- Outpatient Surgery, which includes 10 prep and recovery rooms. Many specialists from the Fox Cities travel to New London to provide surgical treatment close to home for patients.
- Outpatient Unit with additional private rooms for patients needing wound care, IV infusion therapy, and blood transfusions
- 24-Hour Emergency Care - Board Certified Emergency Medicine Staff available 24/7, with close connections to ThedaStar in the event of a transfer to a higher level care facility is necessary.
New London, a community of 7,200, is located in Northeastern Wisconsin, a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts and city dwellers alike. The community is located in Waupaca County, which has a population of nearly 52,000. New London is a friendly, caring, and progressive community with tree lined streets, well-kept homes, and thriving businesses. The hospital has been ranked among the top 100 in the nation, and the school system is recognized as one of the finest in Wisconsin.
New London offers so much for outdoor enthusiasts. The community is surrounded by a year-round scenic paradise for boating, canoeing, rafting, tubing, hiking, biking, golfing, fishing, snowmobiling, and hunting. There are two rivers within the city limits, as well as 900 acres of parks, trails and recreational facilities in the city and surrounding areas. Especially popular is the beautiful Wolf River, which offers world-class canoeing, tubing, and whitewater rafting.
New London is a solid community with a rich history and a strong industrial base that has kept median incomes on the rise. The stable government is backed by a skilled staff of professional administrators, who have annually reduced the tax rate and created opportunities for new business and manufacturers. New London offers the best of small town life and the variety of the big cities.
Waupaca County is well known as a great place to vacation during the summer. However, the world has been slow to discover that spending time here during the other three seasons can be just as enjoyable. There are over 200 lakes, 75 rivers and 35 trout streams for the outdoor enthusiast. Other activities include hiking, biking, hunting, golf, specialty shopping, performing arts, and more.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern divided highways systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Appleton: 25 miles
- Distance to Green Bay: 40 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 115 miles
- Distance to Madison: 115 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 200 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 250 miles