- 2001 Providence Ave.,
KeyStone Center is committed to achieving recovery and maximizing the change process for clients in the safest, most clinically effective and ethically sound manner possible. Respect for the patient’s experiences, worldview, strengths and personal goals is paramount in our programs. The delivery of services is determined by the specific needs of the clients and others invested in their treatment, using the best, evidence-based therapeutic practices currently available.
In recognition of the diversity within the treatment population and in response to their varying needs, KeyStone Center has developed programming with the goals of eliciting internal motivation, addressing current problems, developing a solid Aftercare/Relapse Prevention Plan and establishing medical and emotional stability.
Our services are characterized by such elements as:
- The importance of individual diversity and experiences.
- Accurately assessing and delivering targeted interventions based on the client’s motivational level and readiness for change.
- Emphasis on the effective use of therapeutic tools in a short period of time.
- Focus on working with the client’s present and future situation, resources, and strengths, rather than overemphasis on the past and maintaining a problem-oriented approach.
- A trauma informed milieu, which includes supportive, professional staff and a peer interaction process, which fosters growth.
- Well-integrated Relapse Prevention strategies to optimize successful post-treatment recovery through tailored interventions with formal and informal aftercare planning and support system linkage.
With an unwavering dedication to Service Excellence, we remain committed to quality improvement so that we may continue to provide the best care for the individuals and families who pass through our doors seeking help. We will continue to collaborate with our providers, payers, and the community to provide a comprehensive continuum of care to maintain KeyStone Center as a leading provider of behavioral health services in the region.
eyStone Center provides Medically Monitored Detoxification and Rehabilitation for individuals struggling with addiction to drugs and/or alcohol.
With an average length of stay of 3-8 days depending on the type of detoxification needed, this program is designed for individuals with chronic substance abuse and dual diagnosis issues who are in need of treatment.
Patients who may have been unsuccessful in past treatment and recovery attempts, with numerous relapses, and whose addiction has significantly impacted their ability to live productive lives may be appropriate for this program. Stabilizing a patient’s mental and physical health, educating them on their condition, and beginning the healing process are the primary goals of the program.
The program focuses on problem identification and building a foundation for learning and changing based on the Stages of Change Model and facilitated through Motivational Interviewing, DBT, Cognitive Behavior Therapy as well as many other evidence-based techniques.
Clients begin to uncover primary issues and perpetuating factors to each patient’s current situation. Detrimental lifestyle patterns are identified and the process of change is begun. Treatment Care Plans will guide a systematic approach to behavioral practice of new ways of dealing with difficult situations, past and present stressors, and adjustment to sobriety.
The program philosophy is to take the patient through exploration of all aspects of his/her life. Each patient has a primary case manager and interacts with many other staff members on the treatment team.
Each day, patients participate in a core therapy group along with several psychoeducational seminars, lectures and experiential task groups. The staff plays a large role in exploring the roots of each patient’s condition along with identifying potential barriers to growth.
Supportive clinical staff members assist the patient in facing and overcoming daily challenges while guiding them toward a more constructive lifestyle.
Near the end of each patient’s treatment, KeyStone’s Aftercare Specialists begin to develop a plan for post-treatment life. Patients will explore alternate, supportive living arrangements; ongoing treatment options; services available; and a host of other elements to make this recovery attempt more successful.
Topics Addressed During Treatment Include:
- Relapse Prevention
- Introduction to the 12 Steps
- Stages of Change
- Medication Management
- Mental Health Symptoms Management
- Anger Management / Coping Skills
- HIV / STD Education
- Men’s and Women’s Issues
- Parenting and Relationship Issues
- Relaxation Techniques/Mindfulness
- Building and Using a Sober Support Network
- Access to Community Resources
- Self Expression and Change
KeyStone Center offers Subutex as part of the detox protocol for opiate dependent patients. Detox with Subutex requires a face-to-face evaluation with a specially licensed physician.
Subutex provides relief from mild to moderate opiate withdrawal. A tapering dose is provided over a 5 to 8 day period.