Indiana University Health
- 950 N. Meridian
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await at Indiana University Health.
Indiana University Health is the largest health system in Indiana and among the top ten largest single-state nonprofit health systems in the United States. IU Health has a unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools. As an academic health system, IU Health works with IUSM to train physicians, blending breakthrough research and treatments with the highest quality of patient care. Its strategic service lines, cancer, cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatrics and
transplant have received national recognition for quality patient care over the decades.
IU Health is comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond with significant success across multiple clinical programs resulting in national recognition:
- Over 80% of U.S. News & World Report’s Top Doctors in Indiana practice at IU Health.
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 20 years in a row.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is the fourth largest employer in Indiana (Source: IBJ, 2016)
Indiana University Health's flagship hospitals are all preeminent, state-of-the-art hospitals with long distinguished histories. They serve as the academic health center and provide nationally recongized clinical care to patients across Indiana and beyond.
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, 16 urban, suburban and rural hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. With close ties to the Indiana University School of Medicine, more than half of the school's physicians practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals.
Indiana University Health is designated as a Magnet® hospital system by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognizing excellence in nursing care at six hospitals. The designation is the gold standard for nursing excellence and the highest national honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice. Only six percent of U.S. healthcare facilities have received this designation.
With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, our patients and families know that they're making the right choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.About the Indianapolis Region
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 14th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city, and surrounding suburbs, enjoy:
- Leading educational systems and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Top ranked international airport; "Best Airport in North America" (2012-2016)
- Arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquariums, concerts and memorials
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods, surrounding cultural districts, and low costs of living
- "Best Places to Live in America" according to Money in 2017 included Fishers, IN at number one, Carmel at number 16, Avon at number 17 and Greenwood at number 22
- Collegiate and professional sorts, golfing, boating, bike-friendly, and an abundance of parks and green space
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati