LOCUMS Emergency Medicine Physician needed in Roanoke Rapids, NC
Vidant Medical Group is seeking an experienced board certified physician to work in the Emergency Department at Vidant North Hospital located in Roanoke Rapids, NC.
Providers must have practiced Emergency Medicine in the past 12 months. New providers will need to come in the day before scheduled start date for orientation.
April 1, 2020 - ongoing
3p11p and 10p7a shifts
Required certifications if NOT EM trained (no exceptions): ACLS, ATLS & PALS
- Opportunity to work within a well-established healthcare system
- Vidant Air and Vidant Ground Support to immediately transfer patients
- Team includes 9 physicians and 57 nurses
- No call, but some night and weekend shifts
- 26-bed emergency department with 6 designated Psych beds
- 4-bed convenient care staffed by one Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant and an RN or Paramedic
- EHR for Vidant Health is EPIC
- 24-hour Hospitalist and Radiology coverage
- Procedures: suturing, assessments, radiology, lab and CT interpretation, foreign body removal, limited ophthalmology, muscular skeletal, infectious processes
Vidant North Hospital is a 204-bed hospital that includes a medical staff of over 60 physicians. With a service area that includes Halifax, Northampton, and Warren counties, the hospital offers a broad range of medical and surgical services including 24-hour emergency care, primary and specialty care, and diagnostic services.
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com
For more information, please contact Joyce Best at (252) 847-6044 or Joyce.Best@VidantHealth.com.
Roanoke Rapids is located in northeastern North Carolina close to the Virginia border. Whether you prefer downtown living or more rural lake living, Roanoke Rapids/Halifax County has the perfect spot to call home! Roanoke Rapids affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia including the Roanoke River and Lake Gaston. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Roanoke Rapids unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- Excellent public and private school options
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|